STMicroelectronics RHRDAC1612 rad-hard high resolution DAC
The RHRDAC1612 is a very low-noise, low-frequency, radiation hardened DAC optimized to operate in a bandwidth up to 3 kHz
The RHRDAC1612 is a very low-noise, low-frequency, radiation hardened DAC optimized to operate in a bandwidth up to 3 kHz. This DAC has a sigma-delta architecture which provides superior linearity performance and features a very good signal-to-noise ratio of 96 dB@3 kHz.
The DAC operates with a standard SPI input data which it converts into single-ended, internally-filtered voltage outputs. The SPI interface allows write and read mode implementations.
Specifically designed to optimize precision over power consumption, the RHRDAC1612 only dissipates 15 mW at 12 ksps clocking.
- ΣΔ DAC
- 16-bit resolution at 3 kHz bandwidth
- External master clock: 2.4 to 3.6 MHz
- Internal master clock: 3 MHz
- Sampling frequency: 12 ksps at 3 MHz master clock
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI)
- Selectable input format: straight binary or two’s complement
- Internally filtered, single-ended output voltage
- Output feedback pin dedicated for high precision sensing
- 1.8 V/3.3 V digital interfaces
- 3 V to 3.6 V analog supply
- Compatible with the RHF100 1.2 V Vref
- Power-down mode
- 100 krad MIL-STD-883 1019.7
- SEL immune (up to 120 MeV.cm²/mg)
- SEU characterized
- Space applications
- High-accuracy instrumentation