NXP LPC5500 Series
World’s First CORTEX-M33 based Microcontroller Series, delivering real-time performance with advanced levels of security in a power efficient core
The LPC5500 MCU series leverages Arm's most recent Cortex-M33 technology, combining significant product architecture enhancements and greater integration over previous generations; with dramatic power consumption improvements and advanced security features including SRAM PUF based root of trust and provisioning, real-time execution from encrypted images (internal flash), and asset protection with Arm TrustZone-M. In addition, the LPC5500 MCU series features seven scalable families, with a broad package and memory options, as well as a comprehensive MCUXpresso Software and Tools ecosystem and low-cost development boards.
LPC55S6x MCU family
The LPC55S6x MCU family builds on the world’s first general-purpose Cortex-M33 based microcontroller introduced with the LPC5500 series. This high-efficiency family leverages the new Armv8-M architecture to introduce new levels of performance and advanced security capabilities including TrustZone-M and co-processor extensions.
The LPC55S6x family enables these co-processors extensions and leverages them to bring significant signal processing efficiency gains from a proprietary DSP accelerator offering a 10x clock cycle reduction. An optional second Cortex-M33 core offers flexibility to balance high performance and power efficiency.
- DSP for e.g. Audio processing
- Voice recognition, Predictive maintenance, Digital filtering, Beam forming, FFT
- Programmable logic unit
- Pattern recognition for e.g. weak up conditions, Address decoding, Save external gates
- Low Power consumption for battery powered IoT applications
- Enhanced security features (ROM Code, Trust Zone, PRINCE, PUF, CASPER)
- Authenticated boot, Secure firmware upload, Hardened memory, Memory partitioning in secure/non secure areas
- HW accelerators for high speed encryption, Secure key storage, IP protection of application software, Secure communication
- Consumer electronics
- Diagnostic equipment
- Building control and automation
- Secure applications
- Industrial IoT
- Machine learning
LPCXpresso55S69 development board (LPC55S69-EVK)
The LPCXpresso™ family of boards provides a powerful and flexible development system for NXP's Cortex-M family of MCUs. The LPCXpresso55S69 board has been developed by NXP to enable evaluation of and prototyping with the LPC55S69 MCU.
- LPC55S69 dual-Cortex-M33 core processor
- Onboard, high-speed USB, Link2 debug probe
- Flexible expansion – Arduino, Mikroe and PMod headers
- Various on-board interfaces and components
LPC55S6x MCU Family Availability
|Part number||Flash||SRAM||Package||Sampling Date||Production Date|
|LPC55S69JBD100||640 KB||320 KB||LQFP100||Now||Jan 2019|
|LPC55S66JBD100||256 KB||144 KB||LQFP100||N/A||Jan 2019|
|LPC55S69JET98||640 KB||320 KB||VFBGA98||Jan 2019||Mar 2019|
|LPC55S66JET98||256 KB||144 KB||VFBGA98||N/A||Mar 2019|
LPC5500 Security and Safety Video
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.