Microchip SAMA5D2 System On Module
SAMA5D2 SOM integrates the basic components for an MPU-based system with an SAMA5D27-D1G System-in-Package (SiP) MPU into a single module
SAMA5D2 SOM integrates the basic components for an MPU-based system with an SAMA5D27-D1G System-in-Package (SiP) MPU into a single module. Starting with the System on Module as a design base greatly simplifies the MPU design effort. With its integrated DDR2 SDRAM, the SiP eliminates the board layout and design risk of interfacing high-speed SDRAM signals and also reduces EMI concerns. Besides shrinking board dimensions, the SOM can reduce the number of PCB layers, significantly lowering the system cost. The SOM makes it easy for you to get product to market faster with lower design risk.
- Simplified board design
- Rapid prototyping
- Plug and play Linux®
- Lifetime commitment
- Simplified board design: The SOM includes the most commonly used system components, simplifying baseboard design. Design and manufacturing files (Gerbers, schematics, etc.) can be downloaded free of charge from www.microchip.com/mpu
- Rapid prototyping: A single 3.3-volt power supply and a single-sided PCB with hand-solderable 0.8 mm pad spacing enables rapid prototyping.
- Plug and play Linux®: Download the SD card image for the ATSAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1 from www.Linux4sam.org and be running Linux in no time. Access the Linux environment from your console.
- Lifetime commitment: Microchip’s customer-driven obsolence policy allows you to design a SOM without worry.
- Industrial applications requiring -40 to +85 C
- Control panels and gateways
- Power Distribution Units
- Home and building automation
- Telematics and asset tracking
- Medical monitoring
- Smart HMI/control panels (white goods, alarm systems, etc.)
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents