Maxim MAX17261 5.1µA multi-cell fuel gauge with ModelGauge m5 EZ
The MAX17261 is an ultra-low power fuel gauge IC which implements the Maxim ModelGauge™ m5 algorithm
The MAX17261 is an ultra-low power fuel gauge IC which implements the Maxim ModelGauge™ m5 algorithm. The IC monitors a multiple-series cell battery pack with an external resistor divider.
The ModelGauge m5 EZ algorithm makes fuel gauge implementation easy by eliminating battery characterization requirements and simplifying host software interaction. The algorithm provides tolerance against battery diversity for most lithium batteries and applications.
- Low 5.1µA Operating Current
- ModelGauge m5 EZ
- Wide Sense Resistor Range: 1mΩ to 1000mΩ
- No Characterization Required
ModelGauge m5 EZ
- No Characterization Required for EZ Performance
- Robust Against Battery Variation
- Eliminates Error Near Empty Voltage
- Eliminates Coulomb-Counter Drift
- Compensates for Age, Current, and Temperature
- Does Not Require Empty, Full, or Idle States
Low 5.1µA Operating Current
Monitors Multiple-Cell Battery Pack
Wide Sense Resistor Range: 1mΩ to 1000mΩ
PCB Metal Sensing + Temperature Compensation
Supports Li+ and Variants Including LiFePO4
Thermistor or ±1°C Internal Temperature
Dynamic Power Estimates Power Capability During Discharge
Time-to-Empty and Time-to-Full Estimation
Predicts Remaining Capacity Under Theoretical Load
No Calibration Required
Alert Indicator for Voltage, SOC, Temperature, Current, and 1% SOC Change
- Action Cameras
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents