Infineon IR38164 OptiMOS™ IPOL DC-DC converter single-input voltage
Enhancing the family of fully integrated SVID Voltage Regulator, the IR38164 delivers the highest current monitoring accuracy
Enhancing the family of fully integrated SVID Voltage Regulator, the IR38164 delivers the highest current monitoring accuracy.
This is the industry’s first fully integrated regulator family offering PMBUS, SVID and PVID functionality for powering Intel CPU POL rails, chipsets and ASIC/FPGA. With 50 percent space saving compared to alternative external power solutions, this is the smallest solution size of its class.
- SVID for VCCIO & VMCP Intel
- 5x7 mm up to 30A
- 300 kHz-1500 kHz switching frequency
- Gen3 Voltage Mode Engine for ultra-low jitter and less caps
- Extensive PMBus support (70 commands)
- Pin compatible options with/ without PMBus
- Pre-programmed for Intel VR13 rails
- Density: 50% space saving compared to traditional digital controller with external power
- Less components, only one chip, easier layout, less noise
- > 91% Efficiency for core rails (0.7 V – 1.2 V) & > 97% for 5 V output
- Thermally capable of 1 MHz for density and 30 A
- Suitable for high current 3.3 Vout, 5 Vout rails
- Designed for Intel® single phase power rails
- Servers and High End Desktop CPU VRs for non-core apps.
- Telecom & Datacom Applications
- Distributed Point of Load Power Architectures