Infineon DPS422 digital barometric pressure and temperature sensor
The DPS422 is a miniaturized digital barometric air pressure and temperature sensor with high accuracy and low current consumption
The DPS422 is a miniaturized digital barometric air pressure and temperature sensor with high accuracy and low current consumption. Pressure sensing is carried out using a capacitive sensor element, guaranteeing high accuracy over temperature. The small 2.0 x 2.5 x 0.73 mm package makes the DPS422 ideal for mobile applications and wearable devices
The pressure and temperature sensor elements are measured by a 24-bit ΣΔ ADC. Measurement results can be accessed over I2C or SPI, with an optional configurable interrupt and a result FIFO capable of holding 32 pressure and/or temperature measurements
- Package dimensions: 8-pin LGA (2.0 x 2.5 x 0.73 mm)
- Pressure Range: 300 to 1200 hPa; Temperature Range: -40 °C to +85 °C
- Pressure Sensor Precision: ±0.005 hPa (or ±5 cm)
- Relative Accuracy: ±0.06 hPa (or ±50 cm)
- Absolute accuracy: ±1 hPa (or ±8 m)
- Temperature accuracy: ±0.4°C
- Pressure temperature sensitivity: < 0.5 Pa/K
- Measurement time:
- Typical: 27.6 ms for standard mode (16x)
- Minimum: 3.6 ms for low precision mode
- Average current consumption:
- 1.7 μA for pressure measurement
- 2μA for temperature measurement at 1 Hz sampling rate
- Standby: < 1 μA
- Supply voltage:
- VDDIO: 1.2 to 3.6 V
- VDD: 1.7 to 3.6 V
- Operating modes:
- Command (manual)
- Background (automatic)
- Calibration: Individually calibrated with coefficients for measurement correction
- FIFO: Stores up to 32 pressure or temperature measurements
- I2C with optional interrupt
- 4-wire SPI
- 3-wire SPI with optional interrupt
- Local Weather Station and Thermostat
- Air Flow Control
- Health and Sports
- Outdoor Navigation
- Indoor Navigation
- Infineon’s Shield2Go boards offer a unique customer and evaluation experience – the boards are equipped with one DPS422 barometric pressure sensor and come with a ready to use Arduino library. Customers can now develop their own system solutions by combining Shield2Go boards together with Infineon My IoT adapters. My IoT adapters are gateways to external hardware solutions like Arduino and Raspberry PI, which are popular IoT hardware platforms. All this enables the fastest evaluation and development of the IoT system.
- Order Code: S2GOPRESSUREDPS422TOBO1
- Infineon Sensor Hub Nano hosts one DPS422 barometric pressure sensor and XMC1100 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 MCU. The Sensor Hub Nano can communicate to PC or Android™ smartphone wirelessly, thanks to integrated Bluetooth™ 4.0 and battery. It can be used for quick testing and evaluation of DPS422 in the final application and it works as a platform to develop Android apps. It is compatible with Infineon Sensor Software Analyzer (SES2G) and Infineon apps.
- Order Code: EVALSHNBV01DPS422TOBO1
Board: S2GO PRESSURE DPS422
The board is equipped with one DPS422 barometric pressure sensor and come with a ready to use Arduino library.
Ordering Code: S2GOPRESSUREDPS422TOBO1
Board: EVAL SBV5I2C DPS422
This shuttle board can only be used with Infineon wireless sensor hub (EVAL SHV02). It has one DPS422 barometric pressure sensor mounted on the board and communicates via I2C.
Ordering Code: EVALSBV5I2CDPS422TOBO1
Board: EVAL SBV5SPI DPS422
This shuttle board can only be used with Infineon wireless sensor hub (EVAL SHV02). It has one DPS422 barometric pressure sensor mounted on the board and communicates via SPI.
Ordering Code: EVALSBV5SPIDPS422TOBO1
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.