Vishay VCNL36687S VCSEL-powered proximity sensor
Vishay introduces a fully integrated proximity sensor that combines a high power vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser (VCSEL), a photodiode, a signal processing IC, and a 12-bit ADC in a single package
Vishay introduces a fully integrated proximity sensor that combines a high power vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser (VCSEL), a photodiode, a signal processing IC, and a 12-bit ADC in a single package.
20 cm detection range greatly simplifies the use and design-in of the proximity sensing capability in consumer and industrial applications.
- VCSEL profile: ± 3°
- VCSEL driving current: 20 mA
- Operating voltage range: 1.65 V to 1.95 V
- I2C bus voltage range: 1.65 V to 3.6 V
- No mechanical barriers are required to optically isolate the emitter from the detector
- Small footprint and low height are ideal for space-constrained applications
- Low VCSEL profile is optimized for applications that require narrow angle detection
- Minimizes optical system design concerns
- Requires less energy than previous-generation devices to carry out the same functionality
- Previous VCNL series devices required 200 mA of current to detect a Kodak Gray Card at a distance of 20 cm
- Programmable interrupt function offers wake-up functionality for the microcontroller when a proximity change occurs
- Reduces processing overhead by eliminating the need for continuous polling
- Proximity sensing in smartphones, tablets, virtual reality
- Augmented reality (VR / AR) headsets
- Other battery-operated devices
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents