Broadcom BCM89610 automotive gigabit ethernet transceiver
The BCM89610 is a 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) transceiver integrated into a single monolithic CMOS chip
The BCM89610 is a 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) transceiver integrated into a single monolithic CMOS chip.
The device performs all of the physical layer (PHY) functions for 1000Base-T, 100Base-TX, and 10Base-T Ethernet packets over copper wire, such as FlexRay™. The 10Base-T Ethernet can also run on standard categories 3, 4 , and 5 UTP. The BCM89610 is designed to exceed automotive specifications for noise cancellation and transmission jitter, providing consistent and reliable operation over the broadest range of existing cable plants.
- Triple-speed 10/100/1000Base-T GbE transceiver
- Advanced power savings with Green technology
- Highly optimized for multiple in-car endpoint applications
- Enhanced design for stringent automotive requirement
Supports various interface options for connectivity to external devices, making it the perfect solution for in-car applications such as onboard diagnostics.
- Single-chip integrated triple-speed Ethernet transceiver. Support for the following copper line interfaces:
- 1000Base-T IEEE 802.3ab
- 100Base-TX IEEE 802.3u
- 10Base-T IEEE 802.3
- Supports Ethernet@Wirespeed(TM)
- Fully integrated twisted-pair termination resistors
- Trace-matched output impedance
- Specific architectural and design enhancements are utilized to increase design for test, reliability, and quality to surpass AECQ100 and EMC requirements.
- Designed to support IEEE 1588 timing function.
- Small size footprint support with 48-pin MLP package.
- Automotive cable diagnostics feature can detect pair open/short and distance.
- Industrial Automation
- Boradband Access