Broadcom AFBR-S50 family time of flight sensor
AFBR-S50 Family - Time of Flight Sensor for Multi-Pixel Distance Measurement
Broadcom´s multi-pixel distance and motion measurement sensor based on the optical Time of Flight principle excels by supporting up to 3000 frames per second with up to 32 illuminated pixels.
The sensor has been developed with a special focus on precise distance sensing and gesture sensing applications with the need for highest speed, small size and very low power consumption. Through its best in class ambient light suppression of up to 200k Lux, there is no problem to use it in outside environments.
- Up to 3000 frames p/s
- For precise distance sensing and gesture sensing
- Highest speed, small size and very low power consumption
- Up to 32 illuminated pixels
The technology has been optimized to measure distances of up to 10m (black target) with an accuracy of < 1% on a wide variety of surfaces. It works equally well on white, black, colored as well as on metallic reflective surfaces.
The module has an integrated 680nm/850nm laser light source and uses a single voltage supply of 5V, the data is transferred via a digital SPI interface.
- Optimized to measure distances of up to 30 m (black target) on a wide variety of surfaces
- Works equally well on white, black, colored as well as on metallic reflective surfaces
- The module has an integrated 680 nm/850 nm laser light source and uses a single voltage supply of 5 V, the data is transferred via a digital SPI interface
- Integrated Laser light source
- Very fast measurement rates of up to 3 kHz
- Variable distance range up to 30 m
- Operation up to 200 k Lux ambient light
- Works well on all surface conditions
- SPI digital interface (up to 25 MHz)
- Single voltage supply 5 V
- Integrated clock source
- Laser Class 1 – eye safe ready
- Drop in compatible within the AFBR-S50 Sensor Platform
- Industrial sensors
- Gesture sensing
- Distance measurement
- Automation and control
Learn more about Broadcom industrial motion control and industrial robotics solutions: