Vishay VEMD5510C & VEMD5510CF PIN photodiode
VEMD5510C and VEMD5510CF photodiodes are designed to meet the need for reliable signal detection in wearable devices and medical and industrial applications
VEMD5510C and VEMD5510CF photodiodes are designed to meet the need for reliable signal detection in wearable devices and medical and industrial applications.
Featuring infrared radiation suppression filters and black packages for an improved signal-to-noise ratio, These high speed silicon PIN photodiodes offer fast switching times and low capacitance in a compact, top-view, surface-mount package.
- Suppression filter for near infrared radiation
- Fast response times
- Angle of half sensitivity: ϕ = ± 65°
- Radiant sensitive area (in mm2): 7.5
Featuring a large radiant-sensitive area measuring 7.5mm2, these photodiodes offer sensitivity ranges from 440nm to 700nm (VEMD5510C) and 440nm to 620nm (VEMD5510CF), with reverse light currents of 0.6µA and 0.25µA, respectively. The VEMD5510C and VEMD5510CF also feature on-chip suppression filter to eliminate disturbances from non-visible light, while their black packages block unwanted lateral illumination. This results in spectral sensitivity of less than 5% for wavelengths greater than 800nm for the VEMD5510C and greater than 700nm for the VEMD5510CF, closely matching that of the human eye.
The VEMD5510C and VEMD5510CF feature a ±65° angle of half-sensitivity, an operating temperature range of -40°C to +100°C, and 550nm and 540nm wavelengths of peak sensitivity, respectively. RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Semiconductors Green, these photodiodes provide a moisture sensitivity level (MSL) of 4 in accordance with J-STD-020 for a floor life of 72 hours
The VEMD5510C and VEMD5510CF photodiodes are offered in a small 5mm by 4mm package with a low 0.9mm profile to enable slim sensor designs.
- Radiant sensitive area: 7.5mm2
- Suppression filter for infrared radiation
- Angle of half sensitivity: ±65°
- Wavelength of peak sensitivity
- VEMD5510C: 550nm
- VEMD5510CF: 540nm
- Range of spectral bandwidth:
- VEMD5510C: 440nm to 700nm
- VEMD5510CF: 440nm to 620nm
- Fast response times
- Floor life: 72 hours, MSL 4, according to J-STD-020
- Package type: surface-mount
- Package form: top view
- Dimension: 5.0mm x 4.0mm x 0.9mm
- RoHS-compliant, Pb-free, Halogen-free
- Fitness trackers
- Optical heart rate monitoring
- Ambient light sensors
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents