Vishay SiC46X Synchronous microBUCK® new devices in VSH
SiC46X devices contain all the silicon needed to design a high performance buck regulator in a 5mm by 5mm package
Ideal for applications needing high voltage inputs or required to work with various battery voltage stacks, SiC46X devices contain all the silicon needed to design a high performance buck regulator in a 5mm by 5mm package.
The devices can also replace non-synchronous buck regulators, which provide lower efficiency in larger footprints. The buck regulators allow one part to be used for a variety of input voltages, reducing the need to qualify multiple devices and improving safety margins for rugged and reliable operation.
- Single supply operation from 4.5 V to 60 V input voltage
- Adjustable output voltage down to 0.8 V
- Scalable 2A (SiC464), 4A (SiC463), 6A (SiC462), 10A (SiC461)
- ± 1 % output voltage accuracy at -40 °C to +125 °C
- Feature high and low side MOSFETs with five times lower on-resistance than competing devices o Combined with their ultra low quiescent current, this results in high efficiencies over the full load range
- Synchronous buck topology reduces component count and weight
- High efficiency reduces power losses, enabling system designers to increase power density
- Combined with the superior thermal design of the MLP55-27L package, the devices’ high efficiency enables cooler operation for improved long term reliability, while eliminating the need for a heatsink o Allows designers to shrink the PCB size, simplify thermal management, and reduce system costs
- Wide input voltage range is ideal for several applications: o Loosely regulated nominal 24 V, 36 V, and 48 V inputs in noisy industrial environments
- Voltages up to 60 V cover the kick-back transients caused by motors in power tools, battery operated vehicles, robotic vacuum/garden equipment
- Wide range of battery packs up to 14S and fuel cells
- Battery management systems
- High voltage battery chargers
- After market automotive applications
- All devices are footprint-compatible to provide designers with a scalable solution
- Voltage mode COT architecture delivers ultra fast transient response with minimum output capacitance and tight ripple regulation at light loads
- Compatible with any output capacitor type
- Low jitter reduces EMC and EMI in noise sensitive applications
- Industrial and Automation
- Home Automation
- Industrial compting
- Base station power supplies
- Wall transformer regulation
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents