Toshiba APP-LITETM, TZ1000 SERIES application processor
The TZ1000 series offers an extreme high integration and very small size SiP, including ARM Cortex M4F, 24 bit ΣΔADC, BLE, 1MB NOR flash and optional 6-axis or 9-axis sensors
The TZ1000 series offers an extreme high integration and very small size SiP, including ARM Cortex M4F, 24 bit ΣΔADC, BLE, 1MB NOR flash and optional 6-axis or 9-axis sensors. Remarkable low power consumption in active mode @ 48 MHz:68 µA/MHz.
TZ1021MBG and TZ1041MBG belong to TOSHIBAs TZ1000 ApP-LiteTM series, a family of processors designed for wearable devices.They incorporate a high performance 32 bit ARM® Cortex®-M4F RISC processor with 288 KB SRAM and 1 MB NOR flash memory, a high resolution 24-bit ΔΣADC, all in one package. The TZ1041MBG incorporates a Bluetooth Low Energy controller.
The Cortex-M4F processor consists of a floating point processor unit, a memory protection unit, and a flexible interrupt controller. It supports many kinds of real time OS. Power saving modes allow extremely low power consumption in users' applications.
TZ1021MBG includes a low-power, large capacity 288 KB of SRAM, and a 1 MB NOR flash memory used to store program codes and data.
It also incorporates a 12-bit ADC. Without any special analog front-end devices, a 24-bit ΔΣADC allows the TZ1021MBG to be directly connected to sensors e.g. photo diode (pulse sensing), photoelectric sensors with small output voltage and a wide variety of other sensors, such as a gas sensor, thus reducing the total system cost.
An AES engine and a random number generator are incorporated for security functions (128 bits, 192 bits, and 256 bits). Encryption and decryption work without any involvement of the processor.
The devices support a variety of peripheral interfaces ( USB Device mode, UART, SPI, and I2C), allowing the TZ1041MBG to easily connect to MEMS sensors with digital interfaces.
- Integrates a wireless communication function (BT LE), a sensor, memory and a processor in one package
- Enables connection to external sensors
- Important functions for wearable devices are integrated into a single package, contributing to small system designs.
- High-performance ARM®Cortex®-M4F with DSP and floating point processing unit enable a combination of data from multiple-sensors
- Integration of a Bluetooth®LE controller and an RF circuit permits transfers of raw and processed data to external equipment
- Advantage over 2 or 3 chip solutions (e.g. MCU+AFE+BLE+Sensors+Memory+ ...)
- Smaller Size
- Less integration effort, shorter time to market
- Attractive price considering engineering cost adder for integration
- Consumers healthcare and fitness, sport- and smartwatches
- Motion- position- and environmental data tracking devices
- Portable and wirelessly connected IoT devices
- Smart home and automation sensing devices
- Logistics tracking and fleet management devices