STMicroelectronics STWBC wireless battery charger
The STWBC is the digital controller for wireless battery charger (WBC) transmitters (TX) from STMicroelectronics
The STWBC is the digital controller for wireless battery charger (WBC) transmitters (TX) from STMicroelectronics.
The STWBC is offering the extremely flexible and efficient solution for controlling power transfer to a receiver (RX) in WBC-enabled applications such as phones, wearables, and other battery powered devices that use electromagnetic induction for recharging. As a member of the Qi Wireless Power Consortium and the PMA (Power Matters Alliance), ST ensures full compatibility with these leading wireless charging protocols and holds certification for the Qi 1.1.2 A11 standard. The STWBC performs all the functions for transmitter control: thanks to the internal 96 MHz clock and supporting both half-bridge and full bridge topologies, it is able to precisely control the amount of transmitted power to match the requirements of the receiving unit in terms of maximizing the efficiency of the power transfer.
The STWBC firmware options to offer customers the ability to personalize their end product without the need of external microcontrollers:
- A turnkey Qi 1.1.2 A11 certified solution, fully interoperable with Qi enabled mobile phones.
- API (application programming interface) access to customize the underlying firmware, for example modifying the behavior of the LEDs or GPIOs in response to the receiver behavior and supporting I²C and UART communication within a network.
- Digital controller for wireless battery charger transmitter
- Multiple Qi certified and PMA standard compatible
- Support for up to 5 W applications
- Wearable, sports gear, medical
- Remote controllers
- Native support to half-bridge and full bridge topologies
- 5 V supply voltage
- 2 firmware options
- Turnkey solution for quick design
- APIs available for application customization
- Peripherals available via APIs
- ADC with 10 bit precision and 1 MΩ input impedance
- I2C master fast/slow speed rate
- Flash and E2PROM with read-while-write (RWW) and error correction code (ECC)
- Program memory: 32 KBytes Flash; data retention 15 years at 85 °C after 10 kcycles at 25 °C
- Data memory: 1 KByte true data E2PROM; data retention:15 years at 85 °C after 100 kcycles at 85 °C
- RAM: 6 KBytes
- Reference design features
- 2 layers PCBs
- Active object detection
- Graphical user interface for application monitoring
- Evaluation boards
- Operating temperature: -40 °C up to 105 °C
- Package: VFQFPN32
- Certified Qi A11
- Evaluation board: STEVAL-ISB027V1
- Power rate: 5W
- Input: 5
- Qi A13(a)
- Power rate: 5 W
- Input: 5 - 16 V, 12
- Power rate: 2 W
- Input: 5
- Power rate: 5 W
- Input: 5 V
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents