STMicroelectronics LIS2DS12 MEMS digital output sensor
The LIS2DS12 is an ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer belonging to the “pico” family.
Ultra low-power high performance 3-axes "pico" accelerometer.
The LIS2DS12 is an ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer belonging to the “pico” family which leverages on the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers.
The LIS2DS12 has user-selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g and is capable of measuring accelerations with output data rates from 1 Hz to 6400 Hz.
The LIS2DS12 has an integrated 256-level first-in, first-out (FIFO) buffer allowing the user to store data in order to limit intervention by the host processor.
The embedded self-test capability allows the user to check the functioning of the sensor in the final application.
The LIS2DS12 has a dedicated internal engine architecture in order to process internally motion and acceleration detection including free-fall, wakeup, single and double-tap detection, activity-inactivity, portrait and landscape detection, step counter and step detection along with significant motion detection.
The LIS2DS12 is available in a small thin plastic land grid array package (LGA) and it is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C.
- Supply voltage, 1.62 V to 1.98 V
- Independent IOs supply (1.8 V) and supply voltage compatible
- Ultra-low power consumption
- ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g full scale
- High-speed I2C/SPI digital output interface
- Low noise
- 16-bit data output
- Embedded temperature sensor
- 256-level FIFO
- 10000 g high shock survivability
- ECOPACK®, RoHS and “Green” compliant
- Motion-activated functions and user interfaces
- Gesture recognition and gaming
- Pedometer, step detector and step counters
- Display orientation
- Sensor hub function
- Tilt function
- Tap/double-tap recognition
- 6D/4D orientation
- Free-fall detection
- Smartpower saving for handheld devices
- Impact recognition and logging
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents