OSRAM SFH4713A infrared Oslon Black LED expands
The Oslon Black SFH4713A, ideally suited to security applications.
The Oslon Black SFH4713A, ideally suited to security applications, such as camera-surveillance of public spaces, company premises and entrances to banks and shopping centres.
While previous Oslon Black high-flux IREDs were designed for systems with a range of up to one hundred meters, the SFH 4713A supports efficient designs for near-range illumination from 10 to 50 meters.
Infrared short- to mid-range lighting systems are the target application for the SFH4713A from Osram Opto Semiconductors. To create its new infrared LED (IRED), Osram transferred the high-performance technology behind the Oslon Black to the mid-range power classes of about 760 mW, rounding off its portfolio. From now on the IRED is available with a beam angle of 90°.
The new IREDs are the result of advances in chip and package technology. The SFH4713A now makes these advances available in the mid-range power classes as well. With this new version of the Oslon Black, benefitting from the recent original development with unprecedented electro-optical efficiency, EBVs customers can use the same designs they did before for high-end, long-range applications, to engineer systems with mid- to short-ranges and cut costs at the same time.
The high-efficiency IRED offers an optical output of 760 milliwatts at a current of 1 ampere. Two to five IREDs typically are adequate for achieving ranges between 10 and 50 meters. Due in part to the smaller chip size, the new IRED is a lower-cost alternative to the SFH4715A for systems with mid-range output requirements. From autumn 2015, the SFH4714A with a beam angle of 150° and an optical output of 720 milliwatts will complement the existing version. Both components close the gap between the extremely small Oslon Compact, with 270 mW at 0.5 A, and the high-output Oslon Black versions with an optical output of over 1,135 mW at 1.5 A.
- Radiant Flux Fe: 760 mW @ 1A
- Radiant intensity Ie: 410 mW/sr @1A
- IR light source with high efficiency of 43% @ 1A
- Low thermal resistance
- Operating temperature range: – 40 °C to +125 °C
- Centroid wavelength 850 nm for high camera sensitivity
- Emitting angle ± 45°
- Active chip area 0.75 x 0.75 mm2
- ESD safe up to 2 kV acc. to ANSI/ESDA/JEDEC JS-001-HBM, Class 2
- Superior Corrosion Robustness
- Small footprint, ideal for dense packaged Arrays
- Broad portfolio with optical flux of 760 – 1135 – 2000 mW
- Highest optical power to optimize system cost
- Low thermal resistance to reduce efforts for thermal Management
- Automotive qualified, released up to 125 °C
- Black housing for reduced conspicuity in covert applications
- Infrared illumination for cameras
- Traffic monitoring (ANPR)
- Surveillance systems
- Machine vision systems
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents