OSRAM DURIS S 2 - GW mid-power chipscale package
OSRAM DURIS® S 2 combines high efficacy and a wide beam angle into a compact format, offering a wide range of driving current with high color quality and long lifetimes performance.
OSRAM DURIS® S 2 combines high efficacy and a wide beam angle into a compact format, offering a wide range of driving current with high color quality and long lifetimes performance, which is a ideal choice for all indoor general lighting application.
Osram Opto Semiconductors is extending its DURIS® product portfolio with a compact version outside a classic package. The DURIS® S 2 is in the low to middle output range and offers a high typical luminous efficacy of 160 lm/W, excellent color homogeneity and color stability. It is therefore capable of achieving homogeneous illumination in LED products designed as replacements for fluorescent tubes.
Thanks to its compact footprint of only 2.0 mm x 1.6 mm, this space-saving LED is ideal for linear lighting solutions. With an emission angle of 150°, this chip-size LED emits more light to the side than LEDs with classic packages. The light is therefore better distributed in linear lamps and luminaires, and hot spots (visible points of light) are reduced. This in turn enables the number of LEDs and therefore costs are also to be reduced. By overdriving the LED up to 150 mA the range of applications for the new DURIS® S 2 can be extended to recessed ceiling luminaires and panel luminaires.
The S 2 is the first Osram LED to use a new lead frame material, an epoxy molding compound (EMC) allowing Duris S2 a life of 50,000 hours (Duris E 3, 35,000 hours). Other products featuring this technology will follow.
DURIS S 2 is the smallest LED in the Duris family and is available in different correlated color temperatures: 3000, 3500, 4000 and 5000 kelvin (K). Additional versions with color temperatures of 2700 to 6500 K will follow. The new product now joins the existing S 5 and S 8 versions and is currently being subjected to extensive quality testing. The certification process based on the LM-80 standard (Energy Star) is in progress and the results are likely to be available in the winter of 2015/2016.
- CRI80 3000 K, 4000 K, 5000 K; will extend to all CCT from 2700 K-6500 K
- CRI80 Luminous flux typ 30 lm @ 4000 K,65 mA, 25 °C.
Efficacy 160 lm/W @ 65 mA, typ CRI 85
- Viewing angle of 150° (homogenous linear light distribution)
- Small footprint of 2.0 mm x 1.6 mm
- Compact and long lifetime light source in EMC package
- 3-step and 5-step MacAdams Binning
- New 2016 EMC (epoxy molding compound) lead frame material for better lifetime and reliability performance
- Excellent color uniformity and stability
- Over-driving capability to 150 mA can extend applications to other indoor application like retrofits and downlights
- Indoor general lighting
- Linear lighting/ fluorescent replacement tube
- Troffer/ panel light
- Retrofit and fixture
- Shop lighting
- Task light
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents