ON Semiconductor AX5043 ultralow power RF transceiver
The AX5043 is a true single chip, narrow-band, ultra-low-power ASK and FSK RF transceiver for the 27 MHz to 1050 MHz frequency bands
The AX5043 is a true single chip, narrow-band, ultra-low-power ASK and FSK RF transceiver for the 27 MHz to 1050 MHz frequency bands.
It offers the unique combination of ultra-low power consumption for transmit and receive operation combined with highest sensitivity and high selectivity. A link budget of 143 dB at 1 kbps is achieved, if the built-in forward error correction (FEC) is used this can be extended to 146 dB without extra external components. The AX5043 works perfectly down to 1 kbps in a 6.25 kHz channel.
An integrated voltage regulation system allows the direct use of batteries and short start-up times enable time- and energy-efficient protocols. Transmit power and receive characteristics do not change over the supply voltage range of 1.8 - 3.6 V.
The AX5043 supports FSK, MSK, 4-FSK, GFSK, GMSK, AFSK and ASK modulations. In transmit mode, all modulations are shaped. For FSK gaussian filters with BT=0.3 or BT=0.5 are available to meet the most stringent regulatory requirements. Power ramping can be configured without restrictions. Maximum output power level is 16 dBm.
- 9.5 mA RX current
- 4.5 uA RX current (duty cycled 1s, 100 kbps)
- 10 mA TX current at 6 dBm output power
- -126 dBm sensitivity at 1.2 kbps FSK
- -136 dBm sensitivity at 100 bps FSK
- 16 dBm output power
- Ultra-low power without sacrificing link budget or selectivity
- Carrier ferquency 27 - 1050 MHz
- Constant TX output power over the full VDD range of 1.8 - 3.6V
- Fully autonomous lowest power wake-on-radio mode (500 nA)
- Packet RX/TX without microcontroller intervention
- Built-in arbitrary framing to support all common ISM standards and user defined protocols
- Internet of Things
- Automatic Meter Reading (AMR)
- Security Applications
- Building Automation
- Wireless Networks
- Messaging Paging
- Compatible with: Wireless M−Bus, POCSAG, FLEX, KNX, Sigfox, Z−Wave, enocean
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.