NXP MCR20 2.4 GHz wireless solutions
The MCR20A expands the NXP portfolio of wireless connectivity products by delivering a new generation of 2.4 GHz transceiver for the IEEE® 802.15.4 standard
2.4 GHz 802.15.4 Wireless Transceiver
The MCR20A expands the NXP portfolio of wireless connectivity products by delivering a new generation of 2.4 GHz transceiver for the IEEE® 802.15.4 standard.
The MCR20A provides a link budget of 110 dB that ensures the longest range of communication. At the same time, the MCR20A is able to receive and transmit at significantly lower peak currents than other competitive devices. This enables mesh networks to run on the same battery for a much longer period.
The Dual PAN support allows the system to concurrently participate in two 802.15.4 networks, eliminating the need for multiple radios.
- High-performance 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 RF transceiver
- 802.15.4 PHY/MAC support
- -102 dBm sensitivity +8 dBm maximum output power reducing the need for external power amplifiers
- Low-power receive mode (LPPS)
- TX 17 mA @ 0 dBm and RX 19 mA typical
- TX 18 mA @ 0 dBm and RX 19.5 mA max
- Dual PAN support
- Supports single-ended and fast diversity antenna options: single 50 ohm antenna uses single balun to reduce component count and cost
- Packet processor for hardware acceleration
- 128-bit random number generator
- 1.8-3.6 V operating range
- Small footprint: 5x5 LGA 32 pin
- –40 ˚C to +105 ˚C operational temperature range
- Supports SMAC, Thread Networking Protocol and ZigBee stacks
- Software protocol stacks, tools, and IDE are compatible with the NXP Kinetis MCU family and integrated in the Kinetis software development kit (SDK)
- in-home displays, and
- connected appliances, and also
- networked building control,
- home automation applications with lighting control, HVAC,
- and security and remote controls for home entertainment products
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents