NXP Kinetis KW40Z low energy, wireless microcontrollers
The KW40Z is a highly-integrated single-chip device that enables Bluetooth® Smart/Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) v4.1 and IEEE® 802.15.4-2011 RF connectivity for portable, extremely low-power embedded systems
The KW40Z is a highly-integrated single-chip device that enables Bluetooth® Smart/Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) v4.1 and IEEE® 802.15.4-2011 RF connectivity for portable, extremely low-power embedded systems.
The KW40Z MCU integrates a 2.4 GHz transceiver supporting a range of FSK/GFSK and O-QPSK modulations,
an ARM® Cortex®-M0+ CPU, 160 KB Flash and 20 KB SRAM, BLE Link Layer hardware, 802.15.4 packet processor, hardware security and peripherals optimized to meet the requirements of the target applications.
The KW40Z has enough on-chip memory to concurrently run both a Bluetooth Low Energy stack and an IEEE 8021.5.4 MAC/PHY for multi-mode applications.
- 2.4 GHz Bluetooth Low Energy version 4.1 Compliant
- IEEE Std. 802.15.4-2011 Standard Compliant
- Typical Receiver Sensitivity (BLE) = -91 dBm
- Typical Receiver Sensitivity (802.15.4) = -102 dBm
- Programmable Transmitter Output Power: -20 dBm to +5 dBm
Core and Memories
- Up to 48 MHz ARM® Cortex®-M0+ core
- On-chip 160 KB Flash memory
- On-chip 20 KB SRAM
Low Power Consumption and Operating Voltage Ranges
- Nine low-power modes to provide power optimization based on application requirements
- Typical Rx/Tx Current (DC/DC Enabled): 6.5 mA / 8.4 mA
- Bypass Voltage: 1.71V to 3.6V
- DCDC Converter Buck Configuration: 2.1V to 4.2V
- DCDC Converter Boost Configuration: 0.9V to 1.795V
- 16-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
- 12-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)
- 6-bit High Speed Analog Comparator (CMP)
- AES-128 Accelerator (AESA), True Random Number Generator (TRNG)
- BLE Host Stack and Profiles, Thread, ZigBee Pro, 802.15.4 MAC and SMAC
- Kinetis Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Multiple RTOS including MQX and FreeRTOS
- portable health care devices
- wearable sports
- fitness devices
- AV remote controls
- computer keyboards and mice
- gaming controllers
- access control
- security systems
- smart energy
- home area networks
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents