NXP Kinetis KE15Z touch sensing solution
This solution includes software that is designed to work simply and seamlessly with NXP’s capacitive touch sensing hardware IP that’s available on Kinetis KE15Z MCUs.
The user interface of a product is a key element that design engineers need to address to provide a compelling user experience.
Touch pads, slides, and rotaries offer a more intuitive and effective way of user interaction than traditional buttons.
Designing a touch-based user interface is simplified with the NXP Touch solution. This solution includes software that is designed to work simply and seamlessly with NXP’s capacitive touch sensing hardware IP that’s available on Kinetis KE15Z MCUs.
- Robust EMC performance
- Self-cap and mutual-cap modes
- Effective performance even with liquid substances
- High sensitivity with a boost feature
Key benefits of the NXP Touch solution include:
- Robust EMC performance, noise immunity with IEC61000-4-6 standard certification with the 3V and 10V tests
- Self-cap and mutual-cap modes supporting up to 6x6 matrix touch pads
- Effective performance even with liquid substances such as water, salt water, oil, cold steam, etc.
- High sensitivity with a boost feature to use when the touch overlay on the user interface is thick (acrylic, glass)
For easy starting and designing, NXP does lots of work in SW enablement – NXP Touch Library, which is based on the MCUXpresso SDK:
- APIs for high-level touch applications
- Typical design examples
- Advanced filtering and integrating detection (AFID) / Signal Adaptive Filtering Algorithm (SAFA) key detectors, robustness guarantee
- Automatic touch IP registers configuration, robustness guarantee
- GUI visibility, make debug and test easy
- Cooking Products
- Dish Washer
- Room Air Conditioning System
- Activity and Wellness Monitor
- Continuous Glucose Monitor
- Smart Lighting
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.