Microchip SAM L22 SERIES setting new low power standard
The SAM L22 series is optimized for battery-powered and low current consumption devices, use an ARM® Cortex®-M0+ processor with up to 256 KB Flash and 32 KB of SRAM and range from 48- to 100-pins
Setting a Low Power Standard for ARM® Cortex®-M0+ -Based Microcontrollers
The SAM L22 series is optimized for battery-powered and low current consumption devices, use an ARM® Cortex®-M0+ processor with up to 256 KB Flash and 32 KB of SRAM and range from 48- to 100-pins. The devices operate at a maximum frequency of 32 MHz and deliver ultra-low power — down to 39 µA/MHz in active mode running EEMBC CoreMark and 490 nA in backup mode with RTC running.
These MCUs are designed for simple and intuitive migration with identical peripheral modules, hex compatible code, identical linear address map, and pin-compatible migration paths between all devices in the product series. All devices include intelligent and flexible peripherals, Atmel® Event System for inter-peripheral signaling, and support for capacitive touch button, slider and wheel user interfaces.
Segment LCD Controller
Features of the segment LCD controller:
Up to 8 (4) common terminals
up to 40 (44) segment terminals
Bias: static, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4
Duty: static, 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, 1/8
The on-board segment LCD controller can address up to 320 segment. The segment LCD controller supports up to 8 com and 40 segments or up to 4 com and 44 segments. With the innovative LCD features Automatic Blinking, Automated Character Mapping and Automated Bit Mapping coupled with DMA and Sleepwalking, the system saves power by reducing the software overhead. The SLCD offers up to 52 segment LCD pins where the user can select up to 48 pins to connect to a segment LCD. All the SLCD pins can be used as GPIO (except on the 100 pin device, where 8 pins are only general purpose inputs). This gives the highest possible flexibility for the board design.
Peripheral Touch Controller
The on-board Peripheral Touch Controller (PTC) offers a highly integrated, EMC robust and easy-to-use 3 V capacitive touch solution. Together with the QTouch development tools, this solution has caused many major home appliance and automotive vendors to embrace the Atmelâ��SMART SAM D family for their capacitive touch user interface designs. The SAM L22 has an improved PTC Controller. The PTC is connected to the DMA to have higher throughput of data and reduce the power consumption. To improve the flexibility of the PTC an X/Y multiplexer is introduced in the SAM L22. A maximum of 24 pins (Y) can be used for self-cap. Maximum mutual capacitance is 16x16 = 256 touch channels.
- ARM® Cortex®-M0+ based MCU running up to 32 MHz
- Up to 256 KB embedded Flash and 32 KB SRAM
- Low power consumption at <39 µA/MHz
- Segment LCD (SLCD) Controller with up to 320 segments
- DMA, Sleepwalking and Event system
- Up to 6 flexible serial communication modules (SERCOM)
- Up to 5 timers/counters
- Full-Speed USB Device
- 12-bit ADC (SAM L22N: 20 channels; SAM L22J: 16 channels; SAM L22G: 10 channels)
- 2 analog comparators and programmable logic block
- Hardware touch support
- Tamper detection
- QFP and QFN package options (SAM L22N: 100 pins; SAM L22J: 64 pins; SAM L22: 48 pins)
- Home/Industrial Automation, such as thermostats
- Metering, such as water, gas and electricity meters
- Portable Instrumentation and Access Control
- And other applications requiring visual feedback and ultra-low power operation