Microchip PIC16F19197 simplify the design of LCD Application
The PIC16(L)F19197 product family is a line of eXtreme Low-Power (XLP) microcontrollers for driving Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD) for up to 360 segments.
The PIC16(L)F19197 product family is a line of eXtreme Low-Power (XLP) microcontrollers for driving Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD) for up to 360 segments that features Core Independent Peripherals and Intelligent Analog. The nine member family includes battery friendly LCD drive charge pump, 12-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter with Computation (ADC2), low-power comparator, and active clock tuning of its high frequency oscillator. These devices are an ideal solution for low-power and battery powered touch enabled LCD applications.
- 32 MHz internal oscillator
- Up to 56 KB Flash program memory
- Up to 4 KB RAM
- 256 B of Data EEPROM
- 12-bit ADC2, up to 45 channels
- Integrated LCD control for up to 360 segments
- Four 10-bit PWMs
- Two Capture, Compare, PWMs (CCP)
- Two comparators (1 low power, 1 high speed)
- Four Configurable Logic Cells (CLC)
- 5-bit DAC
- Complementary Waveform Generator (CWG)
- Communication: SPI/I2C and EUSART
- mTouch® capacitive sensing
- Peripheral Pin Select (PPS)
- Available in 28 to 64 pins
- LCD Enhancements
- Charge pump ensures LCD screens maintain consistent contrast even as battery voltage drops
- High-current I/O pins also provide the ability to directly drive LCD backlighting
- Each of these features is offered along with the ability to drive up to 360 LCD segments
- Intelligent Analog
- 12-bit ADC2 automates signal acquisition and processing tasks making robust touch buttons and sliders easy to implement
- Additional analog features include
- Low-power comparator, Zero Cross Detect (ZCD), 5-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)
- Low Power Features
- Power saving functions such as IDLE and DOZE low-power modes allow applications to optimize device performance and power consumption
- Peripheral Module Disable (PMD) allows unused peripherals to be turned off individually
- Extended battery life is achieved with XLP technology
- Development Made Easy
- The PIC16(L)F19197 family is supported by MPLAB Code Configurator (MCC), a free software plug-in that provides a graphical interface to configure peripherals and functions
- MCC is incorporated into Microchip's award-winning development environments, the downloadable MPLAB® X IDE and the cloud based MPLAB Xpress IDE.
- Low-Power LCD Applications
- Low-Power Touch-Enabled LCD
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.