The world of electronic components distribution is defined by constant changes for our customers, our suppliers, and of course for us. Globalisation and supply chain economics will further influence our market environment, which now more than ever, demand focus, clear direction and flawless execution. We, as a semiconductor specialist, are being asked to provide in-depth application support, value-added services and logistics solutions to a diverse customer base.
EBV Elektronik will embrace these challenges as we take advantage of our strong position within the electronic components industry and our highly skilled and motivated employees. Changes can be an opportunity, but only if we take an aggressive position. The success of 47 years in our company's history proves that EBV was and is able to react the right way to future challenges. Our goal is to meet and exceed the needs of our customers and vendors like never before, providing access to a new level of resources in technical expertise and supply chain solutions. Don't expect anything else from us than the best in class service in semiconductor distribution.
President EBV Elektronik
EBV Elektronik at a glance
EBV Elektronik was founded in 1969 and is one of the leading specialists in European semiconductor distribution. This success is based on the underlying company philosophy, which was developed a long time ago and which still applies today: operational excellence, flexibility, reliability and execution – with the goal of achieving the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Reliability creates trust as the foundation of any partnership. EBV has been a dependable partner in the electronic industry since 1969. Therefore we enjoy an excellent reputation amongst customers and suppliers when it comes to ethical practices, continuity and long-term co-operation.
- Assessing latest developments correctly, anticipating future requirements and supporting new markets – these continue to be EBV’s key strengths. As your trend scout we are constantly developing our skills, tools and services you need today for innovation tomorrow.
- Nowadays customers’ requirements demand fast and flexible solutions along with front-end decision making. Our empowered and experienced employees guarantee high quality as well as the precise and prompt fulfillment of individual needs.
Our Vision Statement:
„EBV Elektronik will remain the leading specialist in EMEA semiconductor distribution by being the partner of choice for its customers, suppliers and employees.“
We are adding value at all stages of our customers' supply chains: Starting with in-depth design expertise and application know-how through value-added services right up to full logistics solutions.
- Sales: € 2.204 Billion in CY 2017
- Headcount: 1000
- Inventory: € 365 M
- Market Share: 21.64% Q4 CY 2017 (DMASS)
1969 EBV Elektronik founded by Erich Fischer
1970 First pan-German distributor of Motorola Semiconductor
1980 European expansion – offices in Benelux & Austria; centralised purchasing
1990 Regional and linecard expansion; technical support via MIP Center of Excellence
1996 Raab Karcher (Veba) acquired EBV Elektronik
1998 Finalisation of pan-European structure; first time € 500M in revenues
2000 EBV reached € 1B in revenues; EBV group acquired by Avnet Inc.
2003 Launch of Logistics on Demand™ - customer driven Supply Chain Management
2006 EBV launches first Reference Designs: DragonFire and SnakeBytes
2008 ECOmise it™ – EBV launches comprehensive environmental protection campaign
2009 EBV celebrates its 40 year anniversary
2010 Introdruction of EBVchips – EBV reached total sales of €1.5 billion
2012 Launch of the EBVLightLab for customers in EMEA
2013 EBV presents nine websites to support customer in the Vertical Segments
2015 The EBV IoT – Smart, Secure, Connected – Everywhere
2017 EBV launches LogOn - Logistics and Fulfillment Services
2017 EBV reached € 2B in revenues