Extended Power Profile or EPP offers the minimum set of features for power transmitters and power receivers that can transfer between 5W to 15W of power. The demand for middle power charging arises from newer technological devices that consume more power. These include IoT devices, fast-charge smartphones, medical devices and tablets. They can also prove useful in bigger environments like condominiums and automated manufacturing facilities.
With the incorporation of wireless charging in iPhones, this technology is set to become even more widespread. Avnet offers a number of solutions for middle power charging solutions that meet WPC standards and the need for more power in wireless charging.
Solutions with various key components:
Nuvoton – Middle Power Solution
- Qi compliant 12V MP-A2 solutions
- 5W maximum output with 5V low power charging, or 15W with 12V medium power charging
- Output power controlled by adjusting duty cycle
- Foreign object detection (FOD)
- Over-temperature and current limiting protection mechanisms ensure user safety.
- Large capacity flash for easy customization
- LED charging/failure indicators