Avnet Presents Visible Things: The most versatile platform for rapid IoT development
28 Jun 2017 - 24 Oct 2017
Multiple Dates / Locations
Avnet Electronics is pleased to host a one-day seminar that will guide you through the complex development of an IoT solution. We will introduce the Renesas Synergy™ Platform – a highly versatile and completely qualified solution for faster and easier embedded development. During the seminar, we will review and discuss wireless protocols and the software available to make connecting to the cloud easier. The seminar will also consist of a hands-on labs where you will use the software and tools. We will also use the IBM® Bluemix™ Platform, including IBM Watson IoT™ for M2M® services and Node-RED® for the visualization of data flow to the cloud.
Your Seminar includes (A $350 value!):
IoT Gateway Featuring
- Renesas Synergy S7 ARM M4 Processor
- Fully qualified, supported, and warranted software package with ThreadX included
- 7” PCAP Display and Camera (1.26MP)
- 2x Ethernet (PoE PD / 1588v2)
- 2x USB / CAN 2.0B
- Secure Element
Wireless Sensor Featuring
- ARM Cortex M4 with BLE
- Barometric Air Pressure
Our labs were developed by experts from FDI, ubiquiOS, IBM and Avnet Silica. Don’t miss the opportunity to discuss your issues and concerns with experts from FDI who will attend and present at each seminar.
Reserve your spot today and secure a complimentary IoT Gateway and advanced Sensor Module at the seminar. A surprise giveaway will also be handed out to all attendees.
We will introduce the Renesas Synergy Platform – a complete, qualified system solution that includes software, a scalable family of microcontrollers, and development tools.
Join us and learn how to simplify IoT development:
- Review and discuss wireless protocols
- Discuss software available for easier cloud connectivity
- Hands-on lab using Synergy software and tools
- Use IBM® Bluemix™ Platform, including IBM Watson IoT™ for M2M® services
- Use Node-RED® for visualizing flow
- 7:30 - 9:00 – Software Installation Help Session / Continental Breakfast
- Attendees are welcome to arrive early for tools installation assistance (optional).
- Renesas Synergy Software Package (SSP) 1.2.0
- Renesas Software Development Tool (e2studio) 5.3.1.002
- PuTTY or Tera Term (Terminal Emulation Software)
- 9:00 - 10:00 – Introduction to Renesas SSP/Synergy/Quality
- 10:00 – 10:15 – Introduction to the ubiquiOS Wireless Stack and Cloud Software
- 10:15 - 10:30 – Industrial IoT Gateway Hardware Overview
- 10:30 – 10:45 - Break
- 10:45 - 11:30 - Implemented System Security Presentation and Lab
- 11:30 – 12:00 - IBM® Bluemix™ Essentials and overview of the lab
- 12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch with Demos
- 3 Avnet VT2 Demos (Embedded Vision, Sensors to the Cloud, Embedded Security)
- 3 FDI SYG Demos (Video Player, Sensors to Cloud, Keyboard)
- Synergy Demos
- Presentation covering design solutions to get your product to market faster
- 1:00 – 2:00 – Lab1: LED and pushbutton into the IBM® Bluemix™ Cloud
- Start by connecting a single LED and pushbutton to the cloud
- Use IBM® Bluemix™ IBM Watson IoT™ Platform and Node-RED® Visualization Tools
- 2:00 – 3:00 – Lab2: Sensor to Cloud
- Import the Sensor to Cloud Project into Renesas e2studio
- Update the IBM® Bluemix™Account settings
- Adjust your Node-RED® visualization
- Examine Tweets caused by sensors connected to your board
- 3:00 – 3:30 – Seminar wrap-up
- Review of the labs
Location: Multiple Locations
- Dallas, TX - 6/28
- Chicago, IL - 7/18
- Minneapolis, MN - 7/20
- Irvine/LA - 8/15
- Toronto, ON - 9/18
- Boston, MA - 9/20
- Philadelphia, PA - 9/26
- Baltimore, MD - 9/28
- Vancouver, BC - 10/4
- San Jose, CA - 10/24
Time: 7:30am - 3:30pm
Please click on Learn More for more information.
Register and we will send you instructions to install the tools and verify installation before the seminar.
Tell Your Friends!