Simplifies prototyping, evaluation and development of innovative solutions
The STEVAL-STLKT01V1 is a comprehensive development kit designed to support and expand the capabilities of the SensorTile and comes with a set of cradle boards enabling hardware scalability. The development kit simplifies prototyping, evaluation and development of innovative solutions. It is complemented with software, firmware libraries and tools, including a dedicated App.
The SensorTile is a tiny, square-shaped IoT module that packs powerful processing capabilities leveraging an 80 MHz STM32L476JGY microcontroller and Bluetooth low energy connectivity based on BlueNRG network processor as well as a wide spectrum of motion and environmental MEMS sensors, including a digital microphone. SensorTile can fit snugly in your IoT hub or sensor network node and become the core of your solution.
Included in the development kit package:
- SensorTile module
- SensorTile expansion Cradle board equipped with audio DAC, USB port, STM32 Nucleo, Arduino UNO R3 and SWD connector
- SensorTile Cradle with battery charger, humidity and temperature sensor, SD memory card slot, USB port and breakaway SWD connector
- 100 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Plastic box for housing the SensorTile cradle and the battery
- SWD programming cable
- Software libraries and tools
- STSW-STLKT01: SensorTile firmware package that supports sensors raw data streaming via USB, data logging on SDCard, audio acquisition and audio streaming. It includes low level drivers for all the on-board devices
- BLUEMICROSYSTEM1 and BLUEMICROSYSTEM2: STM32Cube expansion software package, supporting different algorithms tailored to the on-board sensors
- FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 and FP-SNS-MOTENV1: STM32 ODE functional packs
- ST BlueMS: iOS and Android demo Apps
- BlueST-SDK: iOS and Android Software Development Kit
- Compatible with STM32 ecosystem through STM32Cube support
SensorTile component board
STEVAL-STLCS01V1 (SensorTile) is a highly integrated reference design that can be plugged into form-factor prototypes and adds sensing and connectivity capabilities to new designs through a smart hub solution. It can also easily support development of monitoring and tracking applications as standalone sensor node connected to iOS/Android smartphone applications.
The SensorTile comes in a very small square shape 13.5 x 13.5 mm. All the electronic components are on the top side of the pcb, while the bottom side has a small connector through which it is possible to easily plug and unplug it from a motherboard. The connector pinout is also replicated on 18 pcb pads that render the SensorTile a solderable system on module as well.
The module comes with pre-loaded BLUEMICROSYSTEM2 software that initializes all the sensors and the Bluetooth low energy radio. The “ST BlueMS” app, available free of charge on Apple Store™ and Google Play™, is the easiest and fastest way to start using the SensorTile board and to experience a real activity monitoring system.
The SensorTile firmware package STSW-STLKT01, built on the STM32Cube software technology, includes all the low level drivers to manage the on-board devices and systemlevel interfaces. It has been designed in order to be easily extended and personalize.
Main components included in the board:
- STM32L476: 32-bit ultra-low-power MCU with CortexM4F
- LSM6DSM: iNEMO inertial module: 3D accelerometer and 3D gyroscope
- LSM303AGR: Ultra-compact high-performance eCompass module: ultra-low power 3D accelerometer and 3D magnetometer
- LPS22HB: MEMS nano pressure sensor: 260-1260 hPa absolute digital output barometer
- MP34DT04: 64dB SNR Digital MEMS Microphone
- BlueNRG-MS: Bluetooth low energy network processor
- BALF-NRG-01D3: 50 Ω balun with integrated harmonic filter
- LD39115J18R: 150 mA low quiescent current low noise LDO 1.8 V
- 2 V-5.5: V power supply range
- External interfaces UART, SPI, SAI (Serial Audio Interface), I2C, DFSDM, USB OTG, ADC, GPIOs