ST’s 8‑bit microcontroller platform is implemented around a high‑performance 8‑bit core and a state‑of‑the‑art set of peripherals. This platform is manufactured using an ST‑proprietary 130 nm embedded non‑volatile memory technology. It is able to reach 1.6 cycles per instruction and up to 24 MHz clock frequency, allowing customers to run their applications at low speed with high performance.
The flexibility of the architecture minimizes switching noise, resulting in improved system robustness and lower power consumption.
ST’s STM8S series of mainstream 8-bit microcontrollers covers a large variety of applications in the industrial, consumer and computer markets, particularly where large volumes are concerned. Based on the STM8 proprietary core, the STM8S series benefits from ST’s 130 nm technology and advanced core architecture performing up to 20 MIPS at 24 MHz. Embedded EEPROM, RC oscillators and a full set of standard peripherals provide a robust and reliable solution for designers.
The associated toolchain, from affordable Discovery kits to more complex evaluation kits and third-party tools, make it easy to develop with STM8S microcontrollers.
- STM8 24 MHz CPU
- 4 to 128 Kbytes of embedded Flash memory, up to 6 Kbytes of SRAM
- Supply voltage: 2.95 to 5.5 V
- Up to four low‑power modes: down to 5 μA with complete context retention
- State‑of‑the‑art digital and analog peripherals
- Specific interfaces such as IrDA and smartcard for support of consumer applications
- ‑40 to +85 °C, or up to 125 °C temperature range
- Free class B self‑diagnostic library for IEC 60335/IEC 60730 compliant applications
- Many software libraries and examples are available for download
- Appliances, power tools
- Power management
- Factory automation
- Devices with rechargeable batteries
- Motor control
- Toys and games
- Power supplies
- User interfaces