The TEA2095T/TE is a new synchronous rectifier (SR) controller IC for switched-mode power supplies. It incorporates an adaptive gate drive method for maximum efficiency at any load.
The TEA2095T/TE is a dedicated controller IC for synchronous rectification on the secondary side of resonant converters. It has two driver stages for driving the SR MOSFETs, which rectify the outputs of the central tap secondary transformer windings. The two gate driver stages have their own sensing inputs and operate independently.
The TEA2095T/TE is optimized for efficient operation with very low-ohmic MOSFETs and switching at high frequencies. It is fabricated in a silicon-on-insulator (SOI) process.
The TEA2095TE is intended for resonant power supplies. In such applications, it can drive two external synchronous rectifier MOSFETs for the rectification of the voltages on the two secondary windings of the transformer. These MOSFETs replace diodes. It can be used in all power supplies requiring high efficiency:
- Power supplies for desktop PC and all-in-one PC
- Power supplies for television
- Power supplies for servers
- Efficiency features
- Adaptive gate drive for maximum efficiency at any load
- Supply current in energy save operation of 90 μA
- Regulation level of −25 mV for driving low-ohmic MOSFETs
- Application features
- Wide supply voltage range from 4.5 V to 38 V
- Dual synchronous rectification for LLC resonant
- Supports 5 V operation with logic level SR MOSFETs
- Differential inputs for sensing the drain and source voltages of each SR MOSFET
- HSO8 package with exposed die pad
- Discharge of the output capacitor after mains disconnect
- Control features
- SR control without minimum on-time
- Adaptive gate drive for fast turn-off at the end of conduction
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) protection with active gate pull-down
- Interlock function to prevent simultaneous conduction of the external MOSFETs
- Supports 1 MHz switching frequency