LC823450 is an ultra-low power, 32-bit, 192 kHz high-resolution audio-capable signal processing system-on-chip (SoC). It consists of dual ARM Cortex-M3, 32-bit DSP (LPDSP32) core, hard wired MP3 encoder/decoder, and integrated SRAM.
It is also equipped with analog peripheral functionality, such as PLLs, class-D stereo HP amplifier, 6-band equalizer and ADCs/DACs. Our proprietary LPDSP32 supports Noise/Echo cancellation, and playback speed control capability for MP3, WMA, AAC and PCM with VBR. With fine-tuned power management and dedicated hard wired audio blocks, LC823450 provides a significantly longer battery life without compromising audio quality, for voice recorders and wearable audio applications.
- Sound Recorders
- Wearable Audio Players
- Bluetooth Headsets
- Smart Phone Accessories
- ARM® Cortex®-M3 Dual Core
- I2S I/F with 16/24/32-bit, MAX 192 kHz (2-ch x 2) audio functions with 16/24/32-bit, MAX 192 kHz
- Various original DSP codes for audio processing: MP3 codec, FLAC codec, Noise Cancel, Variable speed playback, etc.
- Internal SRAM (1656K byte) for ARM® Cortex®-M3 Dual Core and original DSP
- Hard wired audio functions:
- MP3 encoder and decoder
- EQ (6-band equalizer)
- ASRC (Asynchronous Sample Rate Converter)
- Integrated analog functions:
- low-power Class D HP amplifier
- System PLL
- dedicated audio PLL, ADC
- Various interfaces:
- USB2.0 HS device / host (not OTG)
- SD card
- SPI, I2C
- Oscillation controller to dynamically switch clock frequency
- ARM® Cortex®-M3 Dual Core and original DSP clock max frequency:
- 160 MHz @1.2 V
- 100 MHz @1.0 V
- 32-bit fixed point, dual-MAC original DSP optimized for audio processing
- Cortex®-M3 Single Core power consumption: 0.11 mW/MHz @1.0 V
- Dual Core and DSP enables parallel processing.
- High-Resolution Audio processing capability with 32-bit 192 kHz
- Possible to reduce DSP codes development cost.
Several DSP codes are available with no additional fee such as Noise cancel, Variable speed playback, etc.
- Large scale program can be implemented by large capacity memory.
- Low power audio processing by hard wired audio functions
(Reference: 4 mA @128K bps, 44.1 kHz MP3 hardware playback)
- PCB space and cost is reduced by Integrated analog functions.
- Various functions (SBC/AAC codec with the DSP, UART, ASRC) contribute to Bluetooth®audio.
- Switching clock frequency by oscillation controller reduces unnecessary power consumption.
- High processing capability with higher clock frequency.