The ReCovr line has the functionality of a two-piece shield in effectively shielding against stray electromagnetic interference. However, there is no need for a separate frame and cover. The shield has a locking mechanism allowing for easy removal of the shield cover, enabling access to board-level components. This eliminates the time-consuming need to remove the entire shield to make repairs and thus reduces board re-work.
ReCovr's locking mechanism makes repairs of components under the shield quick and easy. The removable top shield also integrates Laird's patented rigid corner board-level shield technology which optimizes component rigidity for increased part and printed circuit board firmness.
- Single-piece board level shield with a removable top cover
- Eave-less side walls when the cover is removed
- SMT or through-hole pin configurations available
- Vent hole patterns
- Trace clearance notches
- Consumer electronics including voice recognition sub-assemblies
- Industrial and instrumentation
- Typical shielding effectiveness is >30db at 1-10 GHz
- Cover retention maintained through standard 1 meter drop test
- Regid corner design promotes co-planarity. Typical 0.1 mm (.004")
- Consitent, reliable removal force. -2.0 lbs (9 N) pull force