The DS90C189-Q1 is a low power bridge for automotive applications that reduces the size of the RGB interface between the host GPU and the Display.
The DS90C189-Q1 Bridge is designed to support single pixel data transmission between a Host and a Flat Panel Display at resolutions of up to QXGA (2048x1536) at 60 Hz. The transmitter converts up to 24 bits (Single Pixel 24-bit color) of 1.8 V LVCMOS data into two channels of 4 data + clock (4D+C) reduced width interface LVDS compatible data streams.
DS90C189-Q1 supports 2 modes of operation.
- In single pixel mode in/out mode, the device can drive up to SXGA+ (1400x1050) at 60 Hz. In this mode, the device converts one bank of 24-bit RGB data to a one channel 4D+C LVDS data stream.
- In single pixel in / dual pixel out mode, the device can drive up to WUXGA+ (1920x1440) at 60 Hz. In this configuration, the device provides single-to-dual pixel conversion and converts one bank of 24-bit RGB data into two channels of 4D+C LVDS streams at half the pixel clock rate.
For all the modes, the device supports 24bpp color.
The DS90C189-Q1 is offered in a small 64 pin QFN package and features single 1.8 V supply for minimal power dissipation.
- 150 mW Typical Power Consumption at 185 MHz (SIDO mode)
- Drives QXGA and WQXGA Class Displays
- Two Operating Modes:
- Supports 24-Bit RGB
- Supports 3D+C, 4D+C, 6D+C, 6D+2C, 8D+C, and 8D+2C LVDS Configurations
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Compatible With FPD-Link Devices
- Operates Off a Single 1.8 V Supply
- Interfaces Directly With 1.8 V LVCMOS
- Less Than 10 mW Power Consumption in Sleep Mode
- Spread Spectrum Clock Compatible
- Small 9 mm × 9 mm × 0.9 mm 64-Pin VQFN Package
- Camera Monitor Systems (CMS)
- Automotive Head Unit
- Smart Mirror