Thingy nRF52832 bluetooth 5 SoC based IoT sensor
The Nordic Thingy:52® is a compact, power-optimized, multi-sensor development kit. It is an easy-to-use development platform, designed to help you build IoT prototypes and demos, without the need to build hardware or write firmware.
The functionality of the Thingy can be configured over-the-air via a Bluetooth API. That makes it possible to create demos and prototypes without actually programming the Thingy itself. The Thingy is built around the nRF52832 Bluetooth® 5 SoC. It connects to Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones, laptops, tablets and similar devices, and sends data to/from its sensors and actuators to an app and to the cloud. It comes with the accompanying Nordic Thingy:52 app for iOS, Android and a web app.
- 6x6 cm plastic and rubber case
- Flexible applications that allow full usage out of the box
- All sensors and Bluetooth low energy parameters are configurable through the Bluetooth low energy interface.
- Cloud connection example to IFTTT
- Environment Sensors (temp, humidity, pressure, air quality color and light)
- 9-axis motion sensing (accelerometer, gyroscope and compass)
- Speaker for playing pre-stored samples, tones or sound streamed over Bluetooth low energy (8-bit 8kHz LoFi)
- Microphone streaming
- Configurable RGB LED and button.
- Simple Mobile application development SDKs for Android, iOS (Java and Swift 3.0) and web apps
- Source code available for apps and firmware
- Long battery life with Li-ion battery and charging via USB.
- Secure OTA DFU for product updates
Designed to help you build IoT prototypes and demo:
- Lighting Mesh network
- Commercial lighting
- Smart home