The STM32WB55xx multiprotocol wireless and ultra-low-power devices embed a powerful and ultra-low-power radio compliant with the Bluetooth® Low Energy SIG specification v5.0 and with IEEE 802.15.4-2011. They contain a dedicated Arm® Cortex® -M0+ for performing all the real-time low layer operation.
The STM32WB55xx dual-core MCUs with wireless support are based on an Arm® Cortex®‐M4 core at 64 MHz (application processor) and an Arm® Cortex®‐M0+ core at 32 MHz (network processor). This architecture is optimized for real‑time execution, resource use flexibility, power management, and BOM cost, to bring better user experience.
This architecture is optimized for real‑time execution, resource use flexibility, power management, and BOM cost, to bring better user experience.
- Application Core: Arm® Cortex®‐M4 core running at 64 MHz;
- 2.4 GHz RF transceiver supporting Bluetooth® specification v5.0 and IEEE 802.15.4-2011 PHY and MAC;
- Dedicated Arm® 32-bit Cortex® M0 + CPU for real-time Radio layer;
- Programmable output power up to +6 dBm with 1 dB steps
- Ultra-low-power platform:
- 1.71 V to 3.6 V power supply
- 30 nA shutdown mode
- 600 nA Standby mode + RTC + 32 KB RAM
- 1.8 µA Stop mode + RTC + 256 KB RAM
- Active-mode MCU + RF (SMPS ON): <50 µA/MHz
- RX: 3.8 mA
- TX at 0 dBm: 5.5 mA
- Security & ID:
- Secure Firmware Installation (SFI) for Bluetooth® Low Energy and 802.15.4 SW stack;
- Hardware Encryption AES 256-bit;
- 64-bit unique ID. Possibility to derive 802.15.5 64-bit and Bluetooth® Low Energy 48-bit EUI;
- Connectivity: USART, LPUART, 2xSPI, 2xI2C
- Build-in DC/DC;
- 2x ULP Comparators;
- 12-bit ADC (4.26Msps);
- 2x Reference Outputs;"
- Smart Home like Smart Meter, Smart Lightining;
- Consumer - Sports, Fitness and Wearables
- Others - iBeacon for advertising, tracker, Location.
- Industrial - Intelligent Agriculture, Home and Building Automation.