NXP is focusing on complete Wall-to-Battery USB Type-C charging solutions. They have extensive portfolio for smartphone, tablets & notebooks available. Now the portfolio is also complemented by Type-C smart charging ACDC adapter solutions.
NXP Type-C wall charger utilizes these latest solutions to enable USB Power Delivery PD 2.0 up to 5 A and 20 V. This allows USB connections to complement data exchange with high power charging capabilities.
The current solutions support USB-PD, BC1.2 and QC2.0, 3.0 & 4.0. NXP is also adding supports for SCP direct charging protocol, Qualcomm QC4.0 universal high voltage & direct charging protocol and other proprietary protocols.
- Ease of design
NXP provides total wall to battery solution with complete reference designs and local support
- Best-in-Class power density
Meeting all DOE & EU-CoC Tier2 energy efficiency requirements (>91% @ 12V/2.1A or 5V/5A) & <30mW no-load
Multi-protocol support for USB-PD, QuickCharge, direct charging & other customized protocols and main functionality configurable by ODM – less inventory
- Low BOM cost
Low external component count due to high digital integration and support of low cost NMOS port switch & small wave soldering packages
- Best-in-Class safety protecting phone & battery
Widest set of hardware integrated protections covering up to 20 failure use cases
Interface for authentication chip allowing own eco-system specific accessories and preventing use of unsafe chargers
- TEA1936x primary side
- TEA199x SynRec secondary side and
- TEA1903 USB-PD
- TEA1905 USB-PD & QuickCharge
- TEA1901 SCP secondary side
- Higher efficiency (>91% for 12V/2.3A) and smaller form factor
- Multi-protocol support and flexibility by programmability of key system parameters
- Low external component count and low BOM cost due to high integration & support of NMOS port switch
- Higher system safety due to wide set of hardware integrated protections
- Low EMI due to high-side operation capability of TEA199x SyncRec IC
- Flexibility as functionality & protections configurable so less Stock Keeping Units