Wide Input Voltage Buck Converter Powers USB Type-C Transceivers in Next-Generation Devices
The MAX77596 is a small, synchronous buck converter with integrated switches. The device is designed to deliver up to 300mA with input voltages from 3.5V to 24V, while using only 1.1µA quiescent current at no load (fixed-output version). Voltage quality can be monitored by observing the RESET signal. The device can operate near dropout by running at 98% duty cycle, making it ideal for battery-powered applications.
The device offers fixed 3.3V and 5V output versions, as well as an adjustable version. The adjustable version allows the user to program the output voltage between 1V and 10V by using a resistor-divider. Frequency is fixed at 1.7MHz, which allows for small external components and reduced output ripple. The device offers both forced-PWM and skip modes of operation, with ultra-low quiescent current of 1.1µA in skip mode.
The MAX77596 is available in a small (2mm x 2.5mm) 10-pin TDFN package and operates across the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Flexible power: Wide voltage in range from 3.5V to 24V
- Ultra-low quiescent current: 1.1μA permits always-on operation
- Small solution size: 2.0mm x 2.5mm x 0.75mm 10-pin TDFN package
- Excellent line transient response: 50mVpp output when changing from 5V to 20V and back
- Always-On Buck Converter
- Very Low Quiescent Current
- Buck Converter High Efficiency