The MAX17823 is Maxim's fourth-generation, high-voltage battery-management solution. With higher accuracy, safety-enabling features, and an automotive-hardened SMBus ladder,the MAX17823 has been put through rigorous testing to ensure operation under the most hostile of EMC/EMI environments. The robust SMBus ladder daisy chain supports cable lengths of up to 2m and passes tough industry compliance testing. Cell-reversal capability and 96-cell hot-plug performance make pack assembly easy for high-cell-count systems.A host of ASIL D-enabling features makes safety assessment of pack operation simple and straightforward for any host microcontroller.
|Above is a 12-cell BMS solution for E-car designed by Avnet design team. The battery sensor is MAX17823, MCU is FSL S9KEAZ128 and MC9S12ZVCA64.
- Uni-directional differential bus segments
- MAX17841 SPI to UART Translation IC with FIFO buffer
- BMS to HV Isolation with low cost 2.7kV transformers
- Supports Manual Safety Disconnect Switch w/o Digital Isolators
- Shutdown/wakeup by communication or by direct drive of SHDNL pin
- Balanced Supply Current per Module
- Supports 100Hz Measurement rate with full ASIL Diagnostics
- Hotplug Tolerant –Validated Upto 96-Cells
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) Battery Packs
- Electric Bikes
- High-Power Battery-Backup Systems
- High-Voltage, Multicell Series-Stacked-Battery Systems
- Power Tools
- SuperCap Backup Systems