Sliver straddle-mount connectors for SFF-TA-1002
TE Connectivity has introduced sliver straddle-mount connectors for SFF-TA-1002
Due to the latest high speed demands in networking equipment, TE Connectivity (TE) has developed a portfolio of Sliver internal cabled and card edge interconnects, including versions for SFF-TA-1002 that is one of the most flexible and highest performing solutions in the market. Sliver products can be used across many applications, data rates and protocols including PCI Express, SAS and Ethernet.
With a proven 0.6mm contact pitch, Sliver products are high density, allowing you to fit more inside the enclosure while still enabling ease of routing. The contact leadframes are highly modular, enabling an increased number of lanes in a connector in a short lead time. TE provides a highly robust metal housing design on the cable connector with an active latch in the plug, providing additional connection security.
This new technology simplifies design and helps lower overall costs by eliminating the need for re-timers and more costly lower-loss PCB materials while reaching speeds up to 56 Gbps with the use of TE high speed cable.
- Enable OCP NIC 3.0 applications - faceplate pluggable NIC cards in a low profile for ease of system maintenance and easier thermal management
- Support high speeds though PCIe Gen 5, with a roadmap to 112G
- Enable ease of design in and multi-sourcing by consolidating fragmented pinouts and speeds
- Support next-gen silicon PCIe lane counts where current products in the market begin to max out
- Internal Cabled Solutions
- Chip to Chip
- Chip to I/O
- Chip to Backplane
- Board to Board
- PCB Card Edge (BTB) solutions
- Supports Ethernet, PCIe, SAS, SATA,InfiniBand, and other custom protocols
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.