B72214P2x compact disk varistors from EPCOS
The EPCOS Compact S14 AdvanceD-MP series of metal oxide disk varistors feature smaller dimensions with the same excellent performance as comparable S14 AdvanceD-MP types
The EPCOS Compact S14 AdvanceD-MP series of metal oxide disk varistors feature smaller dimensions with the same excellent performance as comparable S14 AdvanceD-MP types. The disk diameters of the new B72214P2* varistors range from 13 mm to 14 mm, a reduction of approximately 3 mm. Like their current S14 counterparts, these components offer a maximum surge current capability of 6 kA at 8/20 µs according to IEC 62368-1. The Compact S14 series covers a wide operating voltage range from 130 to 460 VRMS. The multiple pulse varistors are designed to be used in power supplies as the primary protection against low-level repetitive surge currents. Their optimized design results in an improved derating performance over time. All types have UL, CSA, VDE and IEC approval.
- High performance with smaller disk diameter
- Wide operating voltage range 130 ... 460 VRMS
- All types duty cycle @ 6 kV/ 3 kA = >10 pulses, according to IEC 62368-1; G.8.2 and IEC 60950-1; Annex Q, IEC 61051-2
- All types In @ 3 kA = >15 impulses according to UL 1449, 4th edition surge current generator (8/20 µs), type 5 listed
- Multiple pulse handling capability
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.