FN9255 series dual-stage high performance IEC inlet
Schaffner introduces a new series of RFI filters with IEC Inlet C14 or C20.
The dual-stage high-performance FN 9255 filter series are an addition to the market proven FN 92XX filter families and have been developed for high frequency applications, above 30MHz. The FN 9255 is the first power inlet designed by Schaffner to operate up to 300MHz.
The only difference from a standard Schaffner IEC inlet is a slightly increased length, which means the FN 9222, FN 9233, FN9244 and recently introduced FN 9255 all are fit in the same cut out, allowing designers exchange inlet filters if the system requires higher performance than one of the basic models.
The new series offers a high number of variants of approximately 100 different filter types. Included in the range are versions designed for medical applications, one with and one without an earth line choke.
Another new feature of the series is a rear mount version, which includes a press-in nut to allow a reliable assembly without adding complexity to the system chassis.
The very wide variant diversity and comprehensive attenuation properties means the FN 9255 series offers an filtered power inlet solution for a wide range of applications including the latest household appliances, audio, video and also medical devices.
The filters have full international safety approvals (UL 60939-3, IEC 60939-3 and CQC), are CE marked and are compatible with the RoHS II (2015/863) directive.
- Exceptional attenuation performance from 150kHz to 300MHz due to dual-stage design
- High saturation resistance and excellent thermal behavior
- Medical versions (B type) comply with the requirements of IEC/EN 60601-1 for creepage and clearance, leakage current and high potential testing
- Suitable for IEC/EN 55014 tests up to 300MHz
- Rear and Front lange or snap-in mounting options
- Earth line choke Version, for standard version see FN 9255
- All versions according IEC/EN 62368-1
- Medical devices (MDD)
- Household and similar products as per IEC/EN55014
- Test and measurement equipment
- In-vitro diagnostic medical devices (IVDD)
- Portable electrical and electronic equipment
- Small to medium-sized machines and household equipment
- Single-phase power supplies, switch-mode power supplies (SMPS)