Flyover™ QSFP28 cable system
Samtec proudly announces the release of the new Flyover™ QSFP28 Cable System
Samtec proudly announces the release of the new Flyover™ QSFP28 Cable System. This system allows sideband signaling via press-fit contacts to improve airflow, reduce loss, and mitigate skew. The FQSFP series offers features including:
- 28G NRZ/56G PAM4 data rates per channel
- 3.5 W heat dissipation
- Aggregate data rates of 100 Gbps NRZ/200 Gbps PAM4
- Compatibility with all MSA QSFP pluggables
- A variety of heat sink options
- Multiple End 2 options
- Localized press-fit control and power contacts
The Samtec Flyover™ QSFP28 Cable System consists of the FQSFP assembly, the QSFPC cage, HS-QSFP heat sink, and LP-FQSFP light pipe. The FQSFP offers multiple End 2 options including DCH, ECUE, and ARC6. FQSFP utilizes 30 & 34 AWG 100 Ω Eye Speed® Ultra Low Skew Twinax Cable.
Using the FQSFP series allows for a much longer electrical trace and convenient selection for the endpoint of the SerDes termination. The process of routing through the FQFSP series allows designers to locate the QSFP interface much further from the ASIC or processor than traditional PCB routing would allow. This also removes the need for expensive retimers or power hungry drivers and receivers.
- 4 channels (x4 bidirectional, 8 differential pairs)
- ~100 Gbps NRZ aggregate (~200 Gbps PAM4)
- Compatible with all QSFP assemblies
Double Density Flyover QSFP
- 8 channels (x8 bidirectional, 16 differential pairs)
- ~200 Gbps NRZ aggregate (~400 Gbps PAM4)
- Belly-to-Belly mating for maximum density
- Backward compatible with QSFP modules
- Localized press-fit control and power contacts eliminate the need for a secondary cable and connector
- Sideband signals are routed through press-fit contacts for increased airflow
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.