PAN4620 series IEEE 802.15.4 + Bluetooth® low energy 4.2 module
Panasonic Industry Europe is showing PAN4620 series Internet of Things dual mode module comprising NXP’s Kinetis KW41Z SoC - a 2.4 GHz 802.15.4 and Bluetooth® Low Energy wireless radio microcontroller based on an ARM® CortexM0+ core
The PAN4620 is Panasonic’s Internet of Things dual mode module comprising NXP’s Kinetis KW41Z SoC - a 2.4 GHz 802.15.4 and Bluetooth® Low Energy wireless radio microcontroller based on an ARM® CortexM0+ core.
To provide maximum flexibility, the module can be operated in standalone and hosted mode. With 512 kB flash memory and 128 kB SRAM the PAN4620 can easily be used as a standalone controller in very small and low power applications eliminating the need for an external processor, saving complexity, space and cost. But also the integration of 802.15.4 and/or BLE connectivity into existing applications can easily be achieved when using the PAN4620 in hosted mode.
Using the PAN4620 with a TX power consumption of 6.8 mA and an RX power consumption of 6.1 mA in combination with NXP’s certified Thread® stack, BLE stack or a combination of both for concurrent operation allows to meet IoT application requirements without the need for a gateway. Since Thread® does not define an application layer, various application layers can be used, such as dotdot, IoTivity, OpenDOF and others.
- IEEE® standard 802.15.4 compliant
- Bluetooth® LE 4.2 compliant implementation certified by BT SIG
- Single and concurrent operation of Thread® and BLE
- Open to various known application layers or proprietary solutions
- Same form factor and compatible pinout for VCC, GND, Reset, UART, I²C and SWD as PAN1026, PAN1760, PAN1760A and PAN1761
- Supporting software consisting of 802.15.4 MAC/PHY implementation, Simple Media Access Controller (SMAC) and certified Thread® stack
- Supporting software consisting of BLE host stack and profiles, BLE Mesh and IPv6 6LoBLE
- Bluetooth Developer Studio Plug-In
- Surface Mount Type (SMT) dimensions: 15.6 mm x 8.7 mm x 1.9 mm
- SoC: NXP® Kinetis® KW41Z – 2.4 GHz 802.15.4 and BLE 4.2 Wireless Radio Microcontroller
- Core: Up to 48 MHz 32 bit ARM® Cortex-M0+
- Memory: 512 kB of flash and 128 kB of SRAM
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.