Panasonic PAN1780 Bluetooth® 5.0 low energy wireless module
Panasonic is pleased to announce PAN1780 Bluetooth® 5.0 low energy wireless module
Introducing the awaited PAN1780, featuring the Nordic nRF52840 single-chip controller. The Bluetooth 5.0 features enable a higher symbol rate of 2 Mbps using the high-speed LE 2M PHY or a significantly longer range using the LE coded PHY at 500 kb/s or 125 kb/s. The new channel selection algorithm (CSA#2) improves the performance in high interference environments. Furthermore, the new LE advertising extensions allow for much larger amounts of data to be broadcasted in connectionless scenarios. An output power of up to 8 dBm and the high sensitivity of the nRF52840 in combination with the LE coded PHY make the module very attractive in applications, where a long range is required.
In addition the ultra-low current consumption of the PAN1780 makes the module an ideal choice for battery powered devices. With the Cortex® M4F processor, 256 kB RAM and the build-in 1 MB flash memory the PAN1780 can easily be used in standalone mode, thereby eliminating the need for an external processor, saving complexity, space, and cost. The rich set of security features from the ARM® TrustZone® CryptoCell 310 security subsystem provide the necessary means for secure device operation in the IoT space. The PAN1780 also supports Type 2 Near Field Communication (NFC-A) for use in simplified pairing and payment solutions (external antenna required).
- Surface Mount Type Dimensions: 15.6 mm x 8.7 mm x 2 mm Same
- Form Factor as PAN1026A and PAN1762 But Smaller Pitch And More Pins
- Nordic nRF52840 Featuring ARM® Cortex®-M4F With 64 MHz
- Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy Including LE 2M And LE Coded PHY
- Embedded 1 MB Flash Memory And 256 kB Internal RAM
- Includes ARM® TrustZone® CryptoCell® 310 And Supports Secure Boot Including Root-of-Trust (RoT)
- Up to 48 general purpose I/Os (GPIO), which are shared by up to 4 SPI, 2 I²C, 2 UART, 4 PWM, 8 ADC, 1 NFC-A, 32 kHz IN/OUT, nRESET
- USB 2.0 Full-Speed Device Interface
- Built-in Temperature Sensor