PQU650 series 650W AC-DC power supplies
Murata has announced the PQU650 series of open-frame, 650 W-rated AC-DC power supplies by Murata Power Solutions
Murata has announced the PQU650 series of open-frame, 650 W-rated AC-DC power supplies by Murata Power Solutions. The PQU650 series offers the highest power-density product on the market, with forced air- and convection-cooled ambient ratings. The power supplies offer a multitude of standard features including wide output voltage adjustment range, auxiliary power rails and a high transient capability, at a competitive price.
Measuring just 6" x 4" by 1 U high, the power supplies accept a universal AC input voltage range of 90 VAC to 264 VAC. Utilizing the latest LLC topology results in world-class efficiency levels of up to 95%, the series maintains a high 450 W convection-cooled rating. This means there are no system fan requirements for applications up to 450 W at ambient temperatures as high as 50°C, and with as little as 300 LFM forced air-cooling, the available output power rises to 650 W at an ambient temperature of 50°C. A useful peak output ‘power boost’ rating of 800 W is available for up to 30 seconds to allow initialization of inductive and capacitive loads.
Developed for industrial and medical applications, the PQU650 is an AC-DC, U-channel open-frame PSU certified to EN 60960 and IEC 60601 3rd Edition medical standards, meeting 2 x MOPP primary to secondary, and 1 x MOPP primary to chassis. An isolation figure of 4 KV AC primary to secondary, and 1500 VAC secondary to chassis are standard.
The series comprises ten models with output ratings from 12 to 54 V, and 12.1 to 54.2 A. Standard features include a power OK signal, PS on and remote sense, along with an auxiliary output of 5 V at 0.5 A, and a fan supply output of 12 V at 0.6 A. A safety cover is offered as an optional extra, and screw terminals or pluggable header variants are also available.
The PQU650 is ideally suited for industrial and medical applications where there are size constraints and for ‘no fan’ applications where noise and maintenance are critical, and also for use in transient load applications that require the PSU to provide high power for short durations. Other applications include, but are not limited to, communications, test equipment, visual signage, broadcast, ATE, stage lighting, PoE and datacoms.
Features and benefits
- Compact high-density design and thermal performance operation to:
- 450W convection at +50°C; no derating with input line voltage
- 650W with forced airflow at +50°C; no derating with input line voltage
- 800W 'power boost' for 30 sec (at output start-up)
- Safety certification applicable to medical/Audio/Video/Communication and ITE standards
- +5VAux/Standby and 12V Fan outputs
- 4" x 6" industry standard footprint; “U” channel form factor with industry “standard” mounting footprints
- 40mm maximum overall “U” Channel height
- 42.7mm max overall height with cover
- Choice of screwed or pluggable connector variants
- High efficiency of 95% typical at 50% load
- High power density product, allowing for no fan applications up to 70c amb (with derating)
- Extremely compact size makes them ideal for applications with size constraints
- Optional connections for a wide variety of applications
- PSU provides high power for short durations
- Industrial applications
- Medical applications
- Test equipment
- Visual signage
- Stage lighting
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.