Murata Power Solutions DSE/DAE/DCE 1/8th brick DC-DC converters
Murata announces the introduction of its DSE Series, a fully isolated, 12Vout, 400W eighth brick DC-DC converter
Murata announces the introduction of its DSE Series, a fully isolated, 12Vout, 400W eighth brick DC-DC converter with a DOSA compliant digital interface to support the PMBus standard for communication and control. The Series, which also includes DAE and DCE products, has a droop load sharing option for paralleling up to three modules in some of the most power demanding applications. Further, the series meets the international TNV standard for Input Voltage with a 36-75Vin range and provides 2250Vdc isolation for use in Power over Ethernet (PoE) applications.
The DSE series offers advanced power conversion technology, including a 32bit ARM processor that controls critical conversion functions and delivers a digital interface for use in the end system application. The PMBus digital interface can be used to customize the modules’ configuration for specific functions and presents system engineers with critical telemetry information. Multiple pin configurations are available, as the DSE provides a DOSA standard digital eighth brick pinout with sense, trim, and PMBus. The DAE provides a DOSA analog eighth brick pinout with sense and trim (no PMBus). The DCE is a DOSA analog eighth brick in the traditional 5-pin package. Target applications include telecommunications, networking, wireless, pre-amplifiers, industrial, and test equipment.
Features and benefits
- Supports the PMBus protocol for communications to power modules
- Can connect 2 or more converters in parallel for demanding applications
- Provides redundancy in high reliability applications
- Baseplate included on all variants for optimal thermal performance
- DOSA digital interface
- 36 to 75V Input voltage range
- 95.5% efficiency (12Vout)
- 2250Vdc I/O isolation
- Passive Droop Load Sharing (optional)
- DOSA (Distributed Power Open Standard Alliance) footprint
- Full PMBus with Sense & Trim Pins
- No PMBus with Sense & Trim Pins
- 5 Pin Bus converter, No Sense & Trim Pins
- Power over Ethernet applications
- Wireless pre-amplifiers and networking equipment
- Telecommunications, industrial and test equipment
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.