Fujitsu FTR-K5 series automotive relays
The FTR-K5 relay is the second in a range of new EV (electrical vehicles) and PHV (plug-in hybrid vehicles) components that Fujitsu Components is currently developing for its e-mobility customers
Extending the Range
With e-mobility on the rise, so is the demand for specially designed components that cater to specific e-mobility needs. One obvious application is the charging of electrical vehicles, which relies on automotive grade relays as on-board gate keepers for increasingly powerful battery packs. Increasingly powerful, since modern e-driving, is all about range and charging times. This is why Fujitsu Components recently introduced the FTR-K5 series that, by doubling up on capacity, cuts charging times in half.
The FTR-K5 relay is the second in a range of new EV (electrical vehicles) and PHV (plug-in hybrid vehicles) components that Fujitsu Components is currently developing for its e-mobility customers. Among them are manufacturers of e-cars e-trucks, e-boats, and other heavy-duty e-vehicles. Fujitsu’s first automotive grade e-mobility relay for charging applications was the FTR-K1 - a 3.3 kW relay suitable for 16A and 250VAC - which was released in 2017. The new FTR-K5 version extends the range to 6.6 kW or 32A at 250VAC, cutting charging times in half by doubling the load specifications.
- 1 pole 40A, 1a contact
- 32A 250VAC switching which corresponds 6.6kW standard charger
- 40A continuous power supply
- Vibration resistance a
- nd shock resistance meet automotive relay specification standards
- Operable at up to +105°Cambient temperature
- High insulation- Between coil and contact creepage distance 8.8mm(Conform to IEC61810-1 277 enhanced insulation)-Between coil and contact withstand voltage 5000 VAC
- Selectable from flux free and plastic sealedPlastic parts: UL flammability 94V-0Through hole
- EV/PHV on-board charger (standard charger AC line)
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.