Delta PMH panel mount power supply expands to pollution degree 3
Delta Electronics introduces the PMH series of panel mount power supply expands to pollution degree 3 for harsher industrial environments
Pollution Degree (PD) is an important classification for the clearance & creepage distances of electrical insulation, such as distance between components, PCB traces and power supply enclosure. With contaminants or condensation, the gaps are smaller increasing the risk of failure or short circuit. PD1 refers to environments with no pollution, or only dry non-conductive pollution such as sealed enclosures. PD2 are environments with only non-conductive pollution occasional temporary conductivity. Harsh industrial environments would fall under PD3 classification.
Both PMH-24V100WCAS and PMH-24V150WCBS models now includes pollution degree 3 classifications ensuring product reliability in industrial manufacturing environments. This applies to the new models PMH-24V100WCCS and PMH-24V150WCDS. They comply to pollution degree 3 even up to operating altitudes of 5000 meters.
The models also meet the EMC approvals to EN 55014-1 / EN 55014-2 for household appliances, EN 55032 Class B and EN 61000-6-1 / EN 61000-6-3 for residential environment without extra EMI filter required. Suitable applications include household appliances (e.g. vending machine, washing machine, etc.), industrial automation and measuring instruments.
- Household appliance approvals IEC/EN 60335-1, IEC/EN 61558-1 and IEC/EN 61558-2-16
- Universal AC input voltage
- Full power from -20°C to +50°C operation @ 5000m or 16400 ft. altitude
- Full corrosion resistant aluminium casing
- No load power consumption < 0.5W
- High MTBF > 700,000 hrs as per Telcordia SR-332
- Versatile connector options available: IP20, Front Face and Harness connectors