AC series miniature resettable thermal cutoff devices
Bourns has announced the AC series of miniature resettable thermal cutoff devices, designed to deliver higher current overtemperature protection for newer battery designs
Bourns has announced the AC series of miniature resettable thermal cutoff (TCO) devices, designed to deliver higher current overtemperature protection to make newer battery designs more reliable by controlling specified abnormal excessive current virtually instantaneously.
The Bourns® AC Series offers five trip temperature options from 72 °C to 90 °C, making it the highest current-carrying TCO device Bourns offers. The new protection devices deliver extremely low impedance/resistance (2 mΩ max.). The new AC Series is designed to help battery pack designers save
valuable design space and weight. To achieve this, the AC Series is 0.12 mm thinner and 16 % lighter than the existing Model AA Series.
- Miniature Thermal Cutoff (TCO) device
- High current capacity, low impedance
- Wide range of temperature options
- Overtemperature and overcurrent protection for lithium polymer and prismatic cells
- Controls abnormal, excessive current virtually instantneously, up to rated limits
Battery cell protection for:
- Notebook PCs
- Tablet PCs
- Smart phones
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.