Bourns MF-USML/X series low resistance PPTC resettable fuses
The Bourns Multifuse Product Line is pleased to announce the introduction of the new 12 V rated Model MF-USML/X series
The Bourns Multifuse Product Line is pleased to announce the introduction of the new 12 V rated Model MF-USML/X series of low resistance surface mount Polymer Positive Temperature Coefficient (PPTC) resettable fuses. The new series includes Ihold current ratings from 1.75 A to 5.5 A at the 12 V maximum rated voltage.
Bourns’ low resistance conductive materials used in this new product series have post-trip resistance values as low as 10 mOhms and initial resistance values as low as 1 mOhms. Such low resistance values help boost the current carrying capability of the devices. The new Bourns Model MF-USML550/12-2 can now achieve 5.5 A Ihold at 12 Vdc in a space-saving 1210 package.
The compact Model MF-USML/X series utilizes Bourns’ innovative freeXpansion™ design that increases the performance of the resettable fuse with:
- Higher hold currents (Ihold)
- Higher voltages (Vmax)
- Improved resistance stability
- Smaller footprints
- Surface mount packaging for automated assembly
- Small footprint size (1210) and low profile for space-constrained mobile applications
- Ultra-low resistance
- Higher voltage withstand
- RoHS compliant* and halogen free**
- Li-ion battery pack protection
- PC and server motherboard protection
- Mobile phone battery and charging protection
- USB port protection
- Power port protection
- Gaming console port protection
* RoHS Directive 2015/863, Mar 31, 2015 and Annex.
** Bourns considers a product to be “halogen free” if (a) the Bromine (Br) content is 900 ppm or less; (b) the Chlorine (Cl) content is 900 ppm or less; and (c) the total Bromine (Br) and Chlorine (Cl) content is 1500 ppm or less
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.