Bourns MF-PSML/X series PPTC resettable fuses
The Bourns Multifuse Product Line is pleased to announce the introduction of the new 12 V and 8 V rated Bourns® Model MF-PSML/X Series Low Resistance Surface Mount Polymer Positive Temperature Coefficient (PPTC) Resettable Fuses
The Bourns Multifuse Product Line is pleased to announce the introduction of the new 12 V and 8 V rated Bourns® Model MF-PSML/X Series Low Resistance Surface Mount Polymer Positive Temperature Coefficient (PPTC) Resettable Fuses. The new series includes Ihold current ratings from 0.75 A to 3.0 A at the 12 V maximum rated voltage, and Ihold current ratings from 3.5 A to 4.5 A at 8 V maximum rated voltage.
Bourns’ low resistance conductive materials used in this new product series have post-trip resistance values as low as 0.012 ohm and initial resistance values as low as 0.001 ohm. Such low resistance values help boost the current carrying capability of the devices. The new Bourns® Model MF-PSML450/8-2 can now offer an impressive 4.5 A Ihold at 8 V DC in a tiny 0805 package.
The Model MF-PSML/X Series utilizes Bourns’ innovative freeXpansion™ design that contributes to an increase in the performance of the resettable fuse with:
- Higher hold current ratings (Ihold)
- Higher maximum voltage ratings (Vmax)
- Improved resistance stability
- Smaller footprints
The primary applications for these products include USB port protection, Li-ion battery packs, motherboards, and portable consumer electronic I/O port protection, and the devices have been used to protect against both overcurrent and overtemperature events within the products’ designated specifications.
- Ultra-low resistance, quick response
- 0805 footprint size and low profile for
- space-constrained mobile applications
- Surface mount packaging for automated assembly
- RoHS compliant* and halogen free**
- USB port protection - USB 2.0, 3.0 & OTG
- HDMI 1.4 Source protection
- PC motherboards - Plug & Play protection
- Mobile phones - Battery & port protection
- PDAs / digital cameras
- Wireless headphone power protection
- Game console port protection
* RoHS Directive 2015/863, Mar 31, 2015 and Annex.
** Bourns considers a product to be “halogen free” if (a) the Bromine (Br) content is 900 ppm or less; (b) the Chlorine (Cl) content is 900 ppm or less; and (c) the total Bromine (Br) and Chlorine (Cl) content is 1500 ppm or less.