MF-FSMLX Series low resistance PPTC resettable fuses
The Bourns Multifuse Product Line is pleased to announce the introduction of the new 8V and 6V rated Model MF-FSML/X series of low resistance surface mount Polymer Positive Temperature Coefficient (PPTC) resettable fuses
The Bourns Multifuse Product Line is pleased to announce the introduction of the new 8V and 6V rated Model MF-FSML/X series of low resistance surface mount Polymer Positive Temperature Coefficient (PPTC) resettable fuses. The new series includes Ihold current ratings from 0.35 A to 1.75 A at the 8 V maximum rated voltage, and Ihold current ratings from 2.0 A to 3.0 A at the 6 V maximum rated voltage.
Bourns’ low resistance conductive materials used in this new product series have post-trip resistance values as low as 0.05 ohms and initial resistance values as low as 0.003 ohms. Such low resistance values help boost the current carrying capability of the devices. The new Bourns® Model MF-FSML300/6-2 can now offer an industryleading 3.0 A Ihold at 6 V DC in a tiny 0603 package. The Model MF-FSML/X series utilizes Bourns’ innovative freeXpansion™ design that increases the performance of the resettable fuse with:
- Higher hold currents (Ihold)
- Higher maximum voltage ratings (Vmax)
- Improved resistance stability
- Smaller footprints
- Surface mount packaging for automated assembly
- 0603 footprint size and low profile for space-constrained mobile applications
- Ultra-low resistance, quick response
- RoHS compliant* and halogen free**
- Thermal protection for wearables, Li-ion & polymer battery packs
- PC motherboards – Plug & Play protection
- Mobile phones, PDAs / digital cameras battery & charging protection
- HDMI 1.4 Source protection
- Gaming console port protection
*RoHS Directive 2015/863, Mar 31, 2015 and Annex.
** Bourns considers a product to be “halogen free” if (a) the Bromine (Br) content is 900 ppm or less; (b) the Chlorine (Cl) content is 900 ppm or less; and (c) the total Bromine (Br) and Chlorine (Cl) content is 1500 ppm or less
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.